Chapter 2

(The outfit above is what Riley wore to the funeral)

Riley's POV

"Okay, guys, let's try to act normal in there." Dad said while taking off sunglasses.

"What's wrong with your sunglasses?" Mom asked

"I don't want any reason for these guys to call me—"

"Hollywood!"

Dad looked at mom, as if saying her question was just answered. We climbed out of the car, me also taking off my sunglasses, putting them into my black leather hand bag that matched my black skin tight dress, that stopped right above my knees, practically almost identical to the one mom was wearing.

"Hey. Look at that. Kurt Mckenzie." Dad said while closing the door of the car. "And the whole Mckenzie clan. Come here, man." Dad joked while hugging Kurt. Dad said hi to his wife and kids.

"Hi, Roxanne." Kurts wife greeted mom, I think her name starts with a D. "I don't know if you remember me. I was at your wedding. I was the one table dancing all night. Deanne Mckenzie." She introduced her self, but she table danced at my parents wedding? Literal icon.

"Of course." Mom said, pretty obvious that she didn't remember Deanna. "Oh, my God, you're glowing. You look so beautiful with your pregnancy." Mom said, smiling widely. However, Deanne's face dropped.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Mom looked like she had just ran over a cat. Then, Deanne was hysterically laughing, pointing a finger in moms face. I only didn't laugh out of respect for mom. But god me and Deanne are going to be bestfriends.

"I'm just playing! Oh, my God. You should see your face. You were like "Huh?" Deanne started chucking again while mom just looked mildly embarrassed and confused. Deanne then turned to me and smiled sweetly at me. I returned the smile and stuck out my hand.

"Hi, Riley Feder." I introduced. Her taking my hand she replies.

"Oh my, you are gorgeous." Gawking over my appearance. I felt my cheeks starting to get warm and I sheepishly smiled back at her.

"Thank you, so aren't you, plus I give you a 100 on personality. Kurts lucky to have you." I complemented her back. To which she awed and gave me a side hug.

"My kids are over there if you want to say hi." Deanne said, pointing to across the street where Kurt was combing the sons hair, the daughter standing next to them. With that I smiled, waved, and crossed the road.

"Hey Mckenzie's" I smiled, while dad was walking over to Deannes mom I think.

"Oh hi Riley, It's nice to see you." Kurt said with a small smile, going back to combing the boys hair. On the other hand, Charlotte was apparently really happy to see me.

"Finally, a girl I can talk to." She dramatically rolled her eyes and let her hands fall down against her legs. I chuckled at her and walked so I was in front of her.

"Well hello to you too, how have you been?" I asked.

"Eh, alright." She said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Pfft! My daughters gotta bust her hump all day to pay the bills, while dummy here stays home and cleans." Deannes mom complained, I started smiling finding what she said pretty amusing.

"I don't know how you could talk to me like that when you look like Idi Amin with a propeller on your head." Kurt retorted, I covered my mouth at the offended look on her face.

"That's nice that he could—" Dad started to say but dropped it when mom and Deanne came over.

"Roxanne, this is my mother." Deanne introduced. Mom sticking her hand out, smiling at her mother.