⊰ CH 2: ORDINARY ⊱

SOON ENOUGH THE TRAIN HAD come to a full stop and students were getting off the train, finally back in London. Dianna knew that Rodolphus would be leaving the train any moment so she did her best to keep her head down, not feeling the energy to talk to him about the incident that happened moments before.

She looks around and sees her mum waving her over by the Black family. Dianna sighs as she turns to her friends, ready to say her goodbyes. "This Wednesday, The Leaky Cauldron, at 10 AM. Correct?" she asks, making sure of their upcoming summer plans.

"Yes, and I will be writing tomorrow to confirm," Pandora tells us. "I have to get going. I can see my parents and brother waiting for me." She gives both Charlotte and Dinna a quick hug before pulling her trunk away towards her family leaving the two girls to each other.

Charlotte turns to Dianna with a wide smile. "Quick! Tell me before we have to leave. Who gave you that love bite?" She asks, eyeing a spot on the brunette girl's exposed neck.

The black girl's eyes widen as she quickly raises her hand to her collarbone. "No one! Where is it?" Dianna asks worriedly as her voice gets high.

"It's right here," the dirty blond girl giggles, pointing to a spot on Dianna's lower neck. "Was it Rodolphus? Did he and Bella break up again?" She asks curiously in a whisper. Charlotte is the only one who knows about Rodolphus and Dianna's friends-with-benefits relationship.

Dinna hasn't told Pandora yet and she doesn't know if she ever will. It's not like they are in a serious relationship anyway.

Dianna raises her wand to the spot Charlotte had pointed out before casting a glamor charm to hide the said love bite. "No, they didn't. And nothing happened with Rodolphus," she lies.

"Hm, I'll let it go for now but you better give me more details later by letter!" She says, bringing her into a warm hug.

"Fine. I'll miss you. Even if we will only be apart for a few days," Dianna tells her as they both pull away from the hug.

"I will too. See you Wednesday!" She says as the brunette pulls her trunk towards her brother.

"See you then!" she yells back. She makes her way over to her family, slowly coming up behind Dorian, who's having a conversation with their father. "Hello, brother," she startles him making him jump slightly.

"I hate it when you do that. No, scratch that. I just hate you." He glares at his sister jokingly.

"Oh, shut up! You love me and you know it," she argues before smiling sweetly at her mother who had been watching their interaction. "Hello, mum. You look well," Dinna tells her, feeling tense all of a sudden.

"I see you and your brother haven't changed," she notes with a stern expression.

"Well, I got an inch taller during the past school year," she tells her mother, looking down at her slightly. Her mum merely hums, not seeming to care before looking at Dorian.

"How have you been my son? Let me get a look at you," she smiles, taking Dorian's hand and pulling him over. Dianna looks to her father who has now occupied himself in a conversation with Orian Black, Regulus' father.

Dianna sighs, noticing her parent's favoritism towards her brother. She's used to it by now but it still stings. She looks around awkwardly as she bites her lip. She turns to see Regulus standing by his father, ready to leave.

Dianna walks up to him. "Hi," she says with no enthusiasm, not feeling in the mood for our usual greeting.

"Hi," he replies quietly, not seeming to be in the mood either. Neither of them ever looks forward to going home for break. Regulus doesn't like to talk about his family. All she knows is that two years ago, his brother had run away to live with one of his friends and never returned. "They seem to be getting along," he nods to our fathers.