Unruffled

Hey guys 🤗.
It's been a while. How are you doing?

I have a new book here on Wattpad!
Remember Kaima from Lit Up? Ike's sister?

P.S: If you haven't read "Lit Up", Biko go and read it. You can read Unruffled as a stand alone but it would be better if you read Lit Up first 😊.

Well she's back in her own story - Unruffled

Story Description:Tayo returns home on a Friday evening to find  his best friend in a compromising situation with a chorister in the Church he pastors

Story Description:
Tayo returns home on a Friday evening to find  his best friend in a compromising situation with a chorister in the Church he pastors. He is perplexed and troubled, not knowing how to deal with the situation. Worst still, their house rent is due in a month and his bank account is all shades of red as most of his resources go to settling the Church's bills. His faith is wavering and his stance, shaky.

Kaima is the perfect model of a Christian - a Christian blogger with a large following, serving in various capacities in Church. The skeletons in her cupboard soon crawl out to the public's eye. The social media jury is harsh in their judgement and her being a Pastor's child worsens her case. Tayo, her father's mentee, seems to be the only one not itching to cast a stone at her.

Here's a snippet 😊👇🏾

Tayo heaved a sigh as he rolled his sleeves up to his elbow. It was Friday, finally, and Friday had come to a much needed end. He couldn't wait to take a cold shower and scrub the day's stress off his skin. He didn't like his job but he needed it. Without it, he wouldn't be able to fend for himself. Going back to his family house wasn't an option. His father would be glad to spit in his face and throw him out like he was garbage. He knew for sure he was no longer welcome at home. Since leaving his family's church for another seven years ago, their relationship had been strained. Not even his mother could convince his father to continue paying his school fees. If not for his Pastor, Pastor Nnadi, who took him as a son, he'd have been stranded. Now, at 24, he was contemplating going back home and begging his father. He barely had enough to sustain himself.

He let out a breath, mumbling, "God will take care of you, Adetayo."

He waved and greeted a few colleagues on his way out. Squeezing a two hundred naira note into the security guard's wrinkled hand, he wished the old man a happy weekend. The man beamed, removed his cap and saluted him, his teeth on full display. It was funny how two hundred naira could make someone that happy.

Two buses and one motorcycle later, he wiped sweat off his forehead, silently thanking God traffic had been light. On a normal day, he wouldn't have been home this early. He didn't plan to be an accountant for much longer. Once the Church's membership grew and their finances boosted, he'll resign.

"This tie," he mumbled, loosening it. He ascended the short steps leading to the Boys' quarters he shared with his best friend and co-Pastor, Nosaze. It had a medium-sized room that doubled as their parlour, a tiny kitchen, bathroom and toilet.

He couldn't perceive any aroma today, which was unusual. Nosaze usually came back home before him, as his work place wasn't as far as his, and cooked dinner for both of them. He loved flavourful aromas teasing his nose, knowing the food being cooked was for his eating pleasure.

He unlocked the door and stepped in. The sight before him shook him and he gently placed his laptop bag on the only couch in the room before it slipped off his shoulders in shock. There need not be another causality. The sound of the door must have alerted the couples entangled on the bed as they jumped off each other, shock written all over their faces.

"Nosaze!" his voice carried the weight of the emotions coursing through him. His hands shook slightly as he fixed his eyes on the half naked lady, Osas, a member of his worship team.

...
Please guys, add Unruffled if you enjoyed the snippet. I hope to see you there.

Your continued support means the world to me 🙏🏾