•14• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"And suddenly you were
Everything I cared about"

-Unknown

✰   ✰   ✰

Please read A/N at the end of this chapter

Your POV

I couldn't sleep no matter how hard I tried.

I just couldn't stop thinking of every possible thing that could go wrong at my audition. Turns out that's a lot of things.

I guess that's just what I'm best at doing, panicking and expecting the worst.

I can't find a comfortable way to lay down as I toss and turn. I moved away from Tom so I wouldn't wake him. Apparently that didn't work.

All I heard from him before was his soft and steady breathing and almost silent snores. But then he started to move around more and groan as he tried to find me. He then slowly peaked open one eye.

"Y/n?" He whispered, his voice raspy and tired.

"Right here baby." I whispered back as I reached over and started running my fingers through his hair.

He closes his eyes again and lets out a loud sigh. "Come here." He says as he reaches out his arm to me. I slowly move over to him and rest my head in the crook of his neck. One of my arms goes around his as my other hand keeps playing with his hair.

"Everything okay?" He asks as he gently runs his hand through my hair.

"I... I just can't stop thinking of everything that could go wrong." I say.

"I know Princess, but listen. The worst thing that could happen is that you don't get the role, and if the happens then you just shake it off and keep trying for another role." He says softly. "Don't worry about it, you need sleep."

"I know, I just can't fall asleep." I say.

Tom adjusts himself so he can hold me closer to him, "Don't think about it, just distract yourself. Close your eyes and relax, you'll fall asleep eventually."

I do as he says quietly and close my eyes before moving a little to make myself a little more comfortable. "I love you." I say.

"I love you too Darling."

I listen to his heartbeat until I eventually fall asleep.

✰   ✰   ✰

I wake up and reach out to find Tom. When I can't find him I slowly open my eyes and realize he's not in bed anymore. My eyebrows knit together in confusion as I groan. My head falls back onto the pillow and I yawn before sitting up. I stretch my arms over my head and get out of bed. I make sure to run my hands through my hair before leaving Tom's room to calm any bed head I may have.

After leaving Tom's room I go into the living room. From there I can see Tom making breakfast without a shirt on. He looks up when he hears my footsteps coming down the hall.

"Good morning Love, Haz went out so it's just us here till around noon." He tells me and I nod, "You excited for this afternoon?" He smiles.

I shrug, "Yeah, but I'm also super nervous."

"I promise it'll all be okay baby, come here."

I walk over to Tom and he puts an arm around me as he continues to cook. I lay my head on his shoulder and wrap my arms around his waist. "I hope you're right"