•6• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐎𝐮𝐭

"I will never be good enough for you. I got that."

-Unknown

✰   ✰   ✰

Your POV

Right now I'm getting ready to leave for the party. I straighten my hair and put on some light makeup, then I change into my new outfit and put on some heels.

I've been at Tom and Harrison's house all day. Addison texted me once asking me what I was wearing to the party and that was it. At least she made it easy for me to lie about all this.

I step out of the bathroom and into the living room where Tom is sitting. When Tom notices me his eyes slightly widen as he looks me up and down.

"Do I look okay?" I ask.

A smile creeps up at the corners of his lips, "Okay? Darling you look great."

"T-thank you," I stutter, slightly shocked by his kind response, "Where's Haz?"

The smile slowly falls from his lips and he looks down, "In his room, why?"

"Just wondering, when are we going to leave?"

"Soon." Is all he says.

I nod my head with my lips in a line as I sit down. I open my phone and as a way to pass time until 'soon' comes.

Haz comes out of his room moments later, "Okay, you guys ready to go?" He asks.

"Yeah." I respond and hop up from the couch, Tom follows behind me.

We get to the car and Tom offers to drive. I sit in the passenger seat while Haz sits in the back seat. The car ride is quiet as we drive to Jack's house.

"Hey Tom," Haz speaks up, "Why are you being so moody right now?"

"Because we're about to go see Adrian." He answers simply, "And I'm probably going to have to talk to Jack too."

"What's wrong with Jack?" I ask. "He was nice to me, and you two used to be friends I thought."

Tom sighs, "Yeah, we were, but then you said you didn't find him attractive or something and he said some really horrible things about you. So I stopped hanging out with him."

"Oh," I say and look out the window.

"Yeah," Haz says, "The only reason we're going to this party is because Adrian is friends with Jack."

I just nod my head, not even five minutes later we are at Jack's house. Tom parks the car by street because the driveway is already packed with cars. I can hear music blasting from inside the house and there's a couple making out by one of the cars that can barely be seen because of the dark sky.

We get out of the car and start walking towards the house, before we get to the front door Tom speaks up.

"Remember why we're here, not to drink or find friends. We're confronting Adrian and Addison then leaving." He says sternly.

"Yup." Haz and I reply.

We walk into the house and I'm hit with an immediate smell of alcohol. My nose scrunches up as we continue to walk through the house.

We go towards the kitchen where the music isn't as loud. Then I feel someone grab my waist from behind.

"Hey babe, didn't think you were ever going to show up." Adrian whispers in my ear. He smells like alcohol but I can tell he isn't drunk yet.