42.

My dear friends... We are nearing the end of this book. With only a few updates left, we will have to bring Big Foot to an end, but never fear a #2 is already being created. I don't know when it will be released as I am working on 100 things at one time, but be sure to follow my page to get updates. 

River didn't trust the human males as they freely walked around his home. He wouldn't allow them to roam without Briar or himself having an eye on them.

He eyed the one Azzalea kept calling Wade. The human male was in awe over the paintings his mate had restored. He talked with such enthusiasm and Azzalea returned it. Her long braided ponytail bounced as she spoke with excitement in her native language.

River huffed, earning a glance from Azzalea.

She made her way over to him. He watched her hips sway and she fell into his arms like they were a puzzle piece. Fitting together just perfect. "What is the matter, River?"

River shook his head. "Do you think we should be telling him all of our history?"

Azzalea made a noise in her throat. "Something tells me we are going to need them."

River returned her noise. "These leg coverings are making me hot. I'm used to walking around in my loincloth. Why must I not be comfortable in my own home?" He looked down to her face as she giggled.

"Because your giant cock will intimate them both."

Another giggle echoed as she watched him nod and square his shoulders. She had stroked his ego and he liked it. The little grunt from Creek brought them both back.

Azzalea picked him up from his little bassinet and turned her back to Wade as she exposed her breast to feed her child.

River watched Wade turn a deep shade of red and looked back to the paintings. He couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips. He thought it was funny the way the male could eye his female while she was fully clothed, but the minute she started to feed their child in the most natural way possible, he became uncomfortable with his gaze.

He returned Azzalea's look as she shook her head.

"So that little guy is supposed to fulfill some prophecy told to you by ancestors?" Wade spoke loudly with his back still turned. "Creek?"

River huffed again as Azzalea spoke to the male. He was ready for them to go home. He looked over to the stone as it rolled open. The younger male, which he now recalled almost killing before, couldn't stand to be in the cave for more than a few hours at a time. His mate had suggested Briar take him outside every so often to calm his nerves.

Wade listened as the baby greedily drank from his mother's breast. The little growls that came with each breath made him smile. This was something he had never imagined.

Blake sat down and poked at the fire with a long stick he had found. He looked over to Wade as he spoke again.

"And you heard these voices? Did you... I don't know, do drugs or something?"

Azzalea shook her head as she looked down to her son. "I know it's hard to believe Wade, but it's real. I mean honestly. Look at these Giants standing around you. You came here for answers and I'm giving them to you, but I need your word."

Wade turned and looked back at Azzalea as moved to look at him. She looked stunning. The light coming inside from the opened stone flooded the front part of the cave. Her hair glowed amber and her pale skin reflected the light back at him. The half Giant half human child placed his hands on her bare chest as he drank. His little fists in tight balls. He sighed. "My word?"

"These Giants are special." She looked down to her halfling. "They are stronger than us physically, but I don't know if they could survive attacks from automatic weapons or whatever those rolling things are called." Azzalea shook her head.

"Tanks?" Wade offered and sat down beside Blake, who did his best to look anywhere else, but at Azzalea.

"You came here to discover something and bring it back to the world. Both of you did. River has already destroyed your phones and cameras. So you will have nothing to take back with you." She looked between the two men. "And if you tell people and for some reason they believe you and they come out this way, I can assure you once these two Giants kill them. We will leave and you'll never see us again."

"Where will you go? To those clans? Where are they?" Wade asked and picked a stick up from the ground. He knew asking that was useless, but he had to try.

Azzalea shook her head. "You know the answer to that question. I am asking you as a friend. As someone who knows what Hell I was stuck in before. As someone who has seen these amazing Giants, give me your word you won't tell of their existence. Or of our location at least."

Wade took a deep breath and was surprised to feel it hitch in his chest. He had been dead set on bringing back proof of creatures he now knew never existed. The Giants had hidden themselves using furs of other animals and tricked everyone who saw them outside. He felt obligated to help with whatever Azzalea asked him to. "What do you need me to do?"

"I'm afraid the ancestors speak of war and death. I don't want that. Especially for my son." Azzalea looked down and quickly switched breasts. "I feel like if we had friends, " she looked between the two men, "friends who are humans. Who has encountered these creatures personally, maybe things wouldn't be so crazy when the Giants start re-emerging into the world."

"Ok." Wade said with a sigh. "I'm willing to help. I won't say a word."

Azzalea looked at Blake. "And you?"

Blake shook his head. "No one will believe me anyway. I won't say anything."

Wade took a deep breath. "So ask River this, why did he let me go. That night in the woods while his parents were killing my family. Why did he let me go?"

River had heard his name and listened to Azzalea as she translated the male's question. He straightened his back. "Because you did no harm to me. I have never felt like humans should be killed for the sake of being human. These lands belong to the Giants. I couldn't stop my Father from protecting his mate and his son. He did what he had to do and I still stand by him. I understand now why he felt so desperate to protect us. Now that I have a mate and I have a son, I am also just as fearful of your kind. Humans can not leave well enough alone."

River allowed Azzalea to translate for a moment. "I am sorry. I am sorry for the loss of your family. It was a horrible thing and I never wanted to hurt anyone. I am also sorry for attacking the youngling in the woods." He put his hand on his chest. "Your traveling companion threatened my mate and caused her fear. I acted out of the need to survive and you were the one left behind to deal with it. I'm sorry."

He watched as Azzalea finished speaking. The two males who sat in his home nodded and looked at one another. River couldn't help, but notice Briar's disapproving gaze. He did his best to ignore him.

River watched as Wade stood up. River got to his feet as well. The male stepped up to him with his hand outstretched.

River took it.

"Friends?" Wade asked him.

"Friends." River grunted. 

The next update will be June 18, 2021!    ~ Autumn