Chapter 3

"He's Lying," Ginny rolled her eyes. She, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Seamus had made their way up to the boy's dorm to avoid the eyes of everyone inside of the common room. "He's obviously just emotional about getting kissed, against his will, by a gay."

"I swear to..." Seamus muttered.

"He's not." Hermione rolled her eyes at the girl. Her arm hung tightly around Harry, who still cried into his hands. It was all his fault, all the arguments. "I've known, guessed, for years. Hello Ginny, you've known. Why else try so hard?"

"Known for years have you?" Ginny asked, taking a seat on her brother's bed and crossing her legs. Ron stood awkwardly by the door, gaze lingering over Harry. "Oh, who's the gaslighter now?"

"I didn't bring it up," Hermione muttered, lips tight. She glared up at the girl. "In fact, this is the first time I've even mentioned it. I knew Ginny, but unlike you, I didn't have to repeat myself over and over. He knew he was gay, but straight was the only option because of your constant gaslighting homophobia."

"Hmmm," Ginny rolled her eyes, "funny how that word always gets brought out. Look, so what if he is gay, I was just letting him know, there is a safer option. An option, that until you opened your mouth, he was enjoying."

"Enjoying," Hermione rolled her eyes, she glanced down at Harry. She didn't think the boy had wasted his life, but he had totally been manipulated by the girl and so didn't really know enjoyment. Anyone could enjoy any kind of kiss, off any person, but it was totally different when the true attraction was involved. 'Hmmm, maybe he did enjoy your company, but that doesn't change the fact you messed with his head."

"Let him speak," Ginny tutted, nearly earning another slap from the girl. She glanced at Harry. "Hey, Harry, tell her this is all just one big misunderstanding and you love me."

"I didn't know what I was until the fourth year," Harry muttered from his hands, voice shaky. He shook his head, shrugging. "I had never been attracted to anyone, not properly until I saw how Draco had grown over the summer."

"Draco fucking..." Ginny spat, first balling up. Her brother sent her a warning look.

"I dunno," Harry shrugged, lifting his head. He glanced around the group, actively avoiding Ginny. "I guess it was something about the way he seemed to distance himself from me. The first three years, he was always on my back tryna piss me off. Then in the fourth, he just completely backed off...and weirdly, I missed him."

"Of course you did," Ginny muttered, shaking her head. Her shoulders dropped, eyes turning cold. "You'd always seek the bastard out. I'd catch you looking at him."

"You knew?" Harry muttered. His eyes fell closed, how could he be so stupid? Was that the reason why Ginny had suddenly started shouting at him, reminding him all the time about how he stood out like a sore thumb? Warning him, that he didn't want to be singled out. The sudden opinion that being gay was wrong.

"Of course I knew," Ginny spat, rolling her eyes. She glared into Harry's eyes, almost as if she hated him. "How could I not know? The way you stared after him, the way took the long way to class to pass by the dungeons. The way you spoke his name in your sleep, moaning like the little faggot you are."

"I swear to god..." Seamus muttered again. "And so, knowing he was gay? You actively shamed him for that, him not knowing you knew. Shamed him, so he would be too scared to admit who he really was?"

"What else could I do?" Ginny raised an eyebrow, eyes full of seriousness. "I mean, I was losing him."

"You could have told me it was okay?" Harry muttered, shrugging. Tears spilt down his cheeks, finally realizing he had been a victim. Not of Draco though, never of him. But of Ginny, and her mentally manipulative tricks. "I dunno. Maybe it's my fault, I've never been anti-gay. I've just never liked the thought of me being gay. Then I heard you saying all these homophobic things. And I dunno, it was easier to pretend to be straight."