against all odds

Meredith's POV:

I was sitting on my bed reading yet another book trying to escape from reality when I heard Derek knocking on the door, at first I didn't want to answer because I was still pissed at him for leaving but he continued to knock so I made my way to the door but my legs gave out and I fell and hit my head and all I saw was black.

//

Derek's POV:

I was scared out of my mind for Meredith they said that her kidney may be failing and with the side effects of cancer, it could more or like happen, and as well as this when she fell and hit her on the side table it led to her having a brain bleed. Dr. Webber said that she is now on top of the transplant list and the brain bleed has been resolved but we don't know how long Meredith has left without having a new kidney soon. 

I sat by Meredith's bedside for hours on end waiting for her to wake up and so we can talk and move past the whole leaving thing and go back to whatever we were before.

//

Meredith's POV:

I began to open my eyes and all I saw was a figure sitting next to me and all I can feel is the uncontrollable pain in my head, it wasn't till my eyes became less blurry I realized that it was Derek who sitting next to me and all I could feel was anger and sadness all together and I couldn't keep it together anymore I wanted him to leave me only like he was going to do from the start.

"Derek...."

"Oh my god, Mer! You're awake how do you feel?"

"Derek, please leave I don't want you here."

"Mer, you can't be mad at me for getting better!"

"I can and I am please leave!"

I was on the verge of tears and all I wanted was for Derek to leave me alone for a while to let me know I how I feel.

"Mer, please we need to talk you can't be mad at me forever."

"Derek! You don't understand it, everyone leaves me and you are now on that list so please JUST LEAVE!"

"Mer...."

"NOW DEREK!"

He left my room and I began to cry, I wanted him but he left me but then he came back but just like everyone else he will leave again just like my father and my mother did.

//

Derek's POV:

Meredith just kicked me out of her room and she didn't even let me talk to her she is literally dying and she would rather die and not know how I feel than talk about the problem in front of us. I know the perfect way to get her to listen to me.

"Meredith, you are going to sit there and listen to me, okay?"

"Derek I asked you to leave me the fuck alone"

"Yes you did but I'm not going to, I need to talk to you and you may not want to talk to me but you are going to sit there and listen to what I have to say."

"Meredith, we only meet a wee while ago but I feel like we have known each other for years, I know you have separation issues and all but I don't care about that I care about you and I never meant to hurt you when I left but they can't keep a healthy person here with nothing wrong with them, I've tried visiting you for weeks but you wouldn't let me see you. Meredith, I think I am in love with you and I know you can beat this cancer please just let us go back to whatever we were before. I love you."

I just told Meredith I loved her and she and I can't make out what she thinks.

This isn't the best chapter but it's okay and I hope you still liked it :)

If you did like it please vote and comment and if you really enjoyed maybe check out my other stories, if you have any ideas I am open to all :)

Have a great day!

-Cerys