Worksheet 2

Worksheet

-Act I-

Status Quo:

Inciting Event:

Theme stated:

Debate & Goal & Preparations:

-Act II-

Obstacles - Conflict Rises:

Antagonist:

The Reversal:

The Point of No Return:

Crisis:

The Darkest Moment:

-Act II-

The Climax:

The Resolution:

Falling action/New Status Quo:

___

Example worksheet – Harry Potter

(Prologue: Dumbledore leaving Harry with the Dursley family.)

-Act I-

Status Quo: Harry waking up in his cupboard. Dudley’s birthday.

Inciting Event: When Harry gets the letters from Hogwarts and the Dursley family start going crazy to stop him reading them.

Theme stated: “But I’m just Harry, I can’t be a famous wizard/not anyone special.”

Debate & Goal & Preparations: Explanation of who he is in the cabin and going shopping with Hagrid in Diagon Alley (the trip on the Hogwarts express.)

-Act II-

Obstacles - Conflict Rises: This is when Harry has to put the sorting hat on, when he agree to a wizard duel with Malfoy and learns to play quidditch and has detention. Also Norbert the dragon.

Antagonist: We learn about Voldemort quite early on. But once Harry get to Hogwarts he also starts to suspect Snape is evil. We know there is some sinister force out there, someone broke in to Gringotts after all.

The Reversal: Halloween, when Ron, he and Hermione become friends after defeating the troll. This is also when Harry seriously starts to suspect Snape is trying to get past Fluffy and through the hatch.

The Point of No Return: When Harry realizes Snape (or so he thinks) is going after the stone in order to give Voldemort his life back. Harry decides to follow, even if it means sneaking out and possibly dying. The exact moment would be when he drops down into the hatch, effectively letting go of any chance of turning back.

Crisis: As Harry and his friends have to face the challenges the teachers have set to protect the stone. At first things seems to go well but then Ron and then Hermione have to turn back. Harry is all alone as he enters the last room.

The Darkest Moment: Harry walks into the last room, with the mirror and realizes it’s Quirrell not Snape after the stone. And then that Voldemort is there with him, on the back of Quirrell’s head.

-Act II-

The Climax: Harry manages to get the mirror to give him the stone, Quirrell catches him at it but just when all seems to be lost it turns out Quirrell can’t touch Harry’s skin without going crispy.

The Resolution: Dumbledore explains how it was the love Harry’s mom showed for him by sacrificing her own life for his when he was a baby, makes anyone as evil as Quirrell and Voldermort feel pain when touching Harry.

Falling action/New Status Quo: The feast. Gryffindor wins the house cup. Harry and his friends get on the train but Harry isn’t going home, because now Hogwarts is his home.