unpaid intern

Eddie limped out of my bedroom, if it wasn't for the blood on his face and shirt you'd think he got fucked.

"Where do you think you're going?" I say in my best stern dad voice.

"I have to go to work. Mom made me do some upaid intern bullshit." Eddie huffed.

"Let me clean you up at least. You look like a shit show." I try to tug Eddie towards the bathroom. I stop dead in my tracks when I heard him wince.

"Rich, it's fine. They won't care about the blood on me, they barely fucking talk to me." Eddie tried to pull away.

I wasn't taking no for an answer. So, I carefully picked him up. I walked him to the bathroom bridal style.

"I'm not letting you go with blood all over your face." I sat Eddie on the counter and searched for the baby wipes Eddie put in my house months ago.

I take out one of the scentless wipes and gently dab the sheet on Eddie's face.

"Am I doing this right?" I whisper.

"Yeah, it isn't that hard, you idiot." Eddie says with a small smile.

The blood eventually came off, the wipe is now a vibrant shade of red.

"I'm gonna get you one of my shirts, stay here." I quickly run to my closet and pull out a mostly clean shirt. There was a small coffee stain on the bottom, but that's fine.

I hand Eddie the shirt and turn around to give him some privacy. Eddie always had a weird thing about people watching him get dressed, he just doesn't like eyes on him.

"I'm driving you to work too." I state.

"Rich, you really don't have to." Eddie says.

"Nope." I pop the p, "You can't walk to work, that's just torture."

Eddie has the loose black and white srtiped shirt on his body.

I pick up Eddie bridal style once again, I caught the small giggle that came out of Eddie's mouth. It made my heart thump against my throat, my skin started to tingle.

I swallowed down whatever I was feeling and placed Eddie in the passenger seat of my car.

"What do you even do at this upaid intern thing?" I ask.

"Sort papers, run around. Sitting in the meeting room, but not making a sound. I don't understand how this is even legal. I'm barely a person at the fucking place." Eddie huffed.

"How much longer do you have to do it for?" I ask.

"Two more weeks." Eddie sighs.

I gently pat Eddie's thigh, "You'll get through it."

The rest of the drive was silent.

God, you probably weirded Eddie out. He didn't want you to clean his face, he probably didn't want to see your face so up close for so long.

AN

-GROOVYLADY