Chapter 10

The effects of Tony snapping his fingers quickly became apparent, as Thanos' entire army and eventually Thanos himself, disintegrated into thin air, leading to the complete ultimate victory of the Avengers and their allies and the final defeat for Thanos and his forces.

Tony collapsed onto the ground and laid against some old wreckage.

Rhodes (War Machine)  landed by his side and realized in horror that his injuries from the Stones' raw power and gamma radiation were fatal, the right half of his body was charred so badly that Tony could barely speak. 

Stiles rushed toward his dad, proclaiming victory before tearfully realizing that he was dying. Allison and Pepper joined Stiles. Tony managed to acknowledge them, Stiles placed his hand on his chest "We won dad, you did it".

Tony died and his arc reactor permanently powered down, leaving Stiles, Allison, and pepper crying over their loss and his fellow Avengers looking on in sadness.

Bucky and Sam went to comfort both Stiles and Allison.

Stiles pov.

Our dad was laid to rest at our home, all his allies and his friends had made their respective journeys to attend. A wreath holding his Mark I chest piece, inscribed by Pepper with the words "Proof That Tony Stark Has A Heart," was laid on the river and floated away. 

I looked around and saw Clint standing by the water, so I went to see if he was OK.

"Hey, you OK.

"I just wish Nat was here. It should have been me, not her."

"Look, I wasn't there, but I know Nat, she would never have let you do it. She did all this to save everyone, to save your family, she loved you Clint."

"Thanks Stiles."

"Any time Uncle."

After the funeral, Thor decided that being a leader isn't who he is, so he passed his leadership
role to Valkyrie, making her the new leader of New Asgard. Thor decided to help the Guardians of the Galaxy, so we all waved bye to them.

The pack went home to Beacon Hills, and told us to ring them if we needed help. I had told them they were all avengers now, which Isaac jumped up and down like a puppy. I asked them to give Liam and Mason a hug from me and Al, and also told them if they need us, to call anytime.

Steve took it upon himself to return the Infinity Stones to the separate timelines where they had been taken, as well as Mjølnir, which Thor had recovered in the same timeline they had retrieved the Reality Stone, in order to prevent the possibility of alternate, horrific timelines without the stones that the Ancient One had described to Bruce.

Me, Allison, Bruce, Bucky and Sam saw Steve off as he used the Quantum Tunnel to return the items, with Bruce stating that it would take him "as long as he needed" while for them only 10 seconds would pass.

As Steve disappeared through time, Bruce prepared to return him on the count of five; however, after five, Steve did not return, despite Bruce's efforts.

Fearing the worst, that perhaps he had failed somewhere, Bruce and Sam panicked, whilst me and Bucky smiled, noticing an elderly man sitting alone on a bench on the shore of the lake. Bucky called Sam over, who understood immediately, me, Bucky and Sam walked over to see an aged Steve sitting by a circular bag.

Steve told us that after completing his mission he instead chose to stay in the past and live the normal life our dad Tony had previously spoken of. Sam congratulated him but said that his only regret was living in a world without Captain America.

Steve opened the bag next to him, which contained his shield. Steve asked Sam to try it on, giving it to him. Whilst shocked, Sam accepted the honor and assured Steve that he would do his best.

Both me and Bucky noticed a wedding ring, knowing that he married the love of his life Peggy Carter.

After Steve had left, we were all sad again. Steve was my best fiend, along with Nat. Both of them gone.

Sam was still shocked that he gave him the shield, he expected him to give it to Bucky, but me and Bucky said he deserved it.

When I turned around to see where Bucky had gone, he was down on one knee.

"Stiles, you changed my life, Before I met you, I didn't have anyone, apart from the people who were brainwashing me. You showed me love, kindness, even when you knew who I was and what I had done. You believed in me when others didn't. You never gave up on me. You gave me the will to fight, to fight for us. Those 2 years I was in Wakanda were the hardest 2 years of my life. But I did it for us. Only for you to lose me again for 5 years. I'm sorry for that, I can't promise that I wont die, or that something won't happen where we have to be apart, but I will promise to love you unconditionally and do my very best to always be here with you.

"Stiles Stark, will you marry me.?"

"yes, yes, yes, I will marry you Mr Barnes."

*The End*