Chapter 9

When Thanos is quickly overpowered by Wanda, he orders the Black Order to call an airstrike on the battlefield. Corvus Glaive protests, pointing out that their own troops will suffer, but Thanos, on the verge of being overwhelmed, orders the attack regardless. The Black Order comply and call a rain of missiles on the battlefield, and Wanda is blown aside, ending her assault on Thanos.

As the missiles fall, the Masters of the Mystic Arts summon Tao Mandalas to protect the Avengers and allies from the attack. Meanwhile, Doctor Strange uses his powers to protect the army from drowning in the seawater that is approaching them after the airstrike caused a dam to break.

Spider-Man is being greatly outnumbered by Thanos' soldiers, he is saved by Steve throwing him Mjølnir to hang on to, he is then grabbed by Pepper Potts in her Iron Man armor, who then throws him onto Aragorn, who is being ridden by Valkyrie. All try to help him get closer to the Van.

The Avengers' army is pinned down by the airstrike, but every weapon suddenly stops firing at them and aims at the sky. Confused, Tony is told by F.R.I.D.A.Y. that something suddenly entered the atmosphere. Captain Marvel arrives from above and single-handedly destroys the Sanctuary II, ending the airstrike while  Thanos looks on.

Captain Marvel then flies down to Spider-Man, who nervously greets her and gives her the gauntlet, and as the two are approached by a large number of Outriders and Chitauri, they are immediately supported by Pepper Potts, Allison, Lydia, Wanda, Mantis, Okoye, Shuri, Valkyrie, Wasp, Gamora, and Nebula who all assault Thanos' army and create a path for Captain Marvel.

With the Van restored, Captain Marvel takes flight making a beeline towards the Quantum Tunnel. Thanos tries to stop her, but he is quickly pushed back by Lydia's Banshee scream.

While seeing her carrying around the gauntlet, Thanos then throws his sword at the van, destroying it, with the explosion sending Captain Marvel reeling back and leaving the gauntlet on the ground and unsecured.

Thanos and Tony wrestle for the gauntlet, but Tony was immediately overpowered. Thor, Stiles and Steve try to assist by trying to kill Thanos but are also overpowered by Thanos.

Derek, Scott and the pack try to take him on, but they are no match for Thanos.

Now noticing the gauntlet on the ground, Thanos retrieves it and tries to put it on, but he entered a heated battle with Captain Marvel who is unaffected by Thanos' hits and completely overpowers him. Cornered, Thanos grabs the Power Stone from the gauntlet and uses its power to blast Captain Marvel off of him.

Tony glanced at Doctor Strange, who signaled to him that this is the one outcome in which he knew they could win.

As Thanos puts on the gauntlet once more, a weakened Tony once again grabs onto Thanos but is brushed aside easily. Thanos smugly put on the gauntlet, boasting. "I am inevitable" and snapped his fingers.

However, when nothing happened, Thanos quickly realized that the Infinity Stones had been taken out of the gauntlet and inserted into Stark's armor.

"I... am... Iron... Man he says as a final taunt to Thanos, and snapped his fingers.