Chapter Eight:

Well, this one came out much faster than I had expected. Though I can't compain. I am extremely thrilled with the progress of this peice, as I hope all of you are. If things aren't adding up, or they seem out of place, just let me know. I am having some timeline issues and will be going back to fix those soon.

Thank you guys again so much!

-LostInSilence

He woke with a start, heat enveloped his body, sweat leaked from every pore. Groaning, he rolled onto his back, wide eyes locking on the ceiling as he waited for his brain to come back online.

Just what the fuck had happened last night? And where the hell was Sadie?

Shit, Sadie.

Panic welled and Jude let out a curse as he pulled himself up from the dirty floor. Without really thinking things through, he pushed open the bathroom door and looked around. Events were blurry, things just not adding up as they should.

Sadie was gone and he had no idea how that had happened.

Blood boiling, Jude stormed through the room, gathering his belongings and knocking over a few items here and there. Pissed, he slung his bag over his shoulder and headed out, car keys dangling as he kicked the shitty wood door closed behind him.

Nickolas pulled into the parking lot of an extremely run down, sketchy looking apartment complex. Shaking his head at the dwellings, he let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding and cut the engine. If he was lucky, he would find Sadie, talk to her and all would be well.

Though, Nickolas wasn't a very lucky person, so the odds were in the negatives.

As he stepped onto the broken pavement, he looked around for anything suspicious or out of place. Taking note that things seemed calm, Nickolas proceeded up the rickety steps.

Surprise was not on the long list of things he felt as he reached for the door knob and found that the door was unlocked. That was never a good sign.

Pushing aside his darker thoughts, he stepped into the living room, once more scanning the area with skeptical eyes. Sending his sense out, he searched for any vibrant sign that Sadie was there.

He came up empty.

Her aura still lingered, as did her scent. Alongside the underlining smell of days old blood.

Mother fucker.

Following his nose, Nickolas walked into the kitchen and his eyes immediately landed on a rag hung over the edge of the sink, blood staining the dingy fabric red.

Just what the fuck had happened here?

His attention snapped to the front door as he heard the wood squeak. All focus on the intruder, Nickolas drew his gun as he pressed his back against the wall.

There was some shuffling, then the soft sound of a gun sliding against fabric. So, the intruder was armed. Fighting a groan, Nickolas raised his weapon and revealed himself.

“Drop the gun,”

The man didn't do as he was told, instead he raised his own weapon and aimed it right between Nickolas eyes, “Who the hell are you?”

“I am not sure that really matters at this point, but what I would like to know is what you are doing in this apartment,”

“I'm looking for Sadie,”

When his sisters name left the other mans lips, Nickolas face fell at the same time that he dropped his gun to his side, “Names Nickolas, now what do you know about my sister?”