Chapter Six:

Pandora Station: Phillip Phillips. It helped write this chapter.

Thanks to it having been Christmas and my exeptionally good mood, two chapters have been posted tonight. Hope it is enjoyed!

-LostInSilence

She shifted uncomfortably, hands gripping the hem of her tee-shirt as she fought the urge to bolt. Jude had promised that this wouldn't take long. Swore up and down that he would be in and out, but he hadn't returned and she was getting antsy.

“Come on Jude,” She huffed under her breath, eyes darting nervously across the windshield ash she scanned the parking lot.

Sadie had argued for a solid fifteen minutes with Jude, at which point he had finally given in; on the condition that she stayed in the car.

Fuck.

A loud noise from the side of the car had her head spinning sideways, eyes wide. What the fuck?

Reaching down to unbuckled her seat belt, Sadie kept her eyes locked on the driver side window. Her heart was now thudding behind its bony cage. It was too dark outside for her to see what was going on.

Her body went backwards, flailing as she threw her arms out, hands grasping at air. The door had been cracked open and still she could see nothing.

“Sadie, relax,”

As Jude's voice filled the car, her heart rate slowed some. “God damn it Jude!”

“Why are you so antsy?” He pulled the door all the way open and dropped into his seat, pulling the door closed with a click.

“You said this would be quick! All you had to do was run in, grab some papers and then you would be out! I've been sitting out here for twenty minutes. Alone. In the dark, in an unfamiliar place! You'd be antsy too!” Her voice was almost a shout as she gathered herself up right in her seat.

He reached out to place a hand on her knee as he turned his head to face her, “Maybe you shouldn't have insisted on coming with,”

Sadie scowled, “Seriously? Alright, next time I will stay at my shabby little apartment. While I have my brother and quite possibly my master trying to hunt my ass down. Sounds great,”

“Whoa...Sadie, calm down,” Jude pulled his hand back, worried that she wouldn't have taken well to him touching her in any way at the moment, “I don't like the idea of leaving you alone with everything that is going on, but I couldn't take you in there with me,” His voice had dropped a few notches, eyes cast to the side, almost as if he was avoiding her stare.

“Why?”

Jude blinked; well, he could answer that.

He took a moment to think over his response, wanting to make sure that nothing was misconstrued.

“We will both be in serious trouble if anyone finds out you even know where this place is. Let alone what it is,” He lifted his eyes and scanned her face, “You are human, you shouldn't even know what you do already. Bringing you inside was not optional,”

She gave a nod, reaching up to tug her seat belt back into place, “I'd just like to point out that it is extremely dark outside, as well as cold and highly creepy. What if something tried to eat me?”

Jude choked back a laugh, “I like that you find humor in dire situations,”

“How else is one supposed to stay sane?” She shrugged, “So did you find anything useful?”

Sticking out his hand, Jude laid a manilla folder in Sadie's lap, “Nothing terribly useful, but I was able to dig up some documents,”

“Do you really think this is going to work?” Sadie looked down at the folder, tentatively fingering the edge of the stiff paper before flipping it open to read over the documents.