Episode 5

A week has passed since the marriage between Keiko's father and Asahina's mother. She was on her way home when she saw Subaru and Yuusuke playing basketball at a court nearby.

"Oh? Yuusuke-kun, Subaru-san!" She shouted while waving her hand. She ran towards them.

"Did you just finish club activities? Pretty late." Yuusuke stated while Keiko put down her bag.

"Today's my duty to close up the club room. Anyway, are you guys playing basketball? Can I join?"

Yuusuke scratched his head while Subaru had a frown on his face.

"Uh, I don't think we should bother Subaru-nii's training. Let's go." Yuusuke said, pushing her away from the court.

"Eh? But I want to see Subaru-san in action!"

Yuusuke grabbed her bag, dragging her away from the court.

She pouted. "Yuusuke-kun, you meanie."

"What? I had to. Besides, Subaru-nii isn't in his best shape..."

"Oh is it because he was dropped off from the starting line? I heard it from Natsume-san."

"Yeah... We played 1-on-1 but Subaru-nii isn't doing well. He's strong as usual but he seems to be in a slump. He said that none of his three points enter the ring, so all of his teammates and coach have been worried about him. He isn't sure about the reason either, so he's kind of frustrated with himself. So, he told me to leave him alone."

"Hmm that's why you drag me away. And here I thought it's because you're jealous I'm spending time with him."

Yuusuke blushed. "W-why would I be? I spend time with you the most because of school!"

Keiko giggled. "Just kidding hehe." She looked forward. "Subaru-san's problem is something that he needs to solve by himself. Anything that we say might pressure him, so let's not worry too much about him and be there for him, okay?"

"You're saying as if you've experienced something similar to him."

"Hmm I guess you could kinda say that I have experienced something like that."

Yuusuke furrowed his eyebrows. "What kind of-"

Keiko skipped a few steps. "Yuusuke-kun, hurry up or you're gonna have to treat me an ice cream!" She began running, wanting to avoid remembering that experience.

"Wha- Hey!!! Wait up!"

•Δ•Δ•Δ•Δ•Δ•

That night, Keiko had to cook dinner because Ukyou will return home late. She was cooking when Hikaru entered the kitchen.

"Oh? Imouto-san's cooking all by herself?"

As of now, Hikaru will be staying home until his job demands him to fly abroad.

"Hikaru-san!" Keiko looked up from the pot she was stirring. "Yep, cooking all by myself."

"Our brother should've helped you, and not leave you alone."

Keiko giggled. "I don't mind at all. I heard from Ukyou-san that everyone else will mess up because they're hopeless in the kitchen."

"I would love to help too but... I've been depending on cup noodles all my life."

"Eating cup noodles everytime isn't healthy Hikaru-san." She advised. "You can make yourself helpful by arranging the plates and utensils."

Hikaru chuckled, saying he will do that. After she finished cooking, everyone gathered to eat dinner. Well not really everyone, Masaomi, Ukyou, Louis and Fuuto are still working. They won't be back until later that night.