Prologue/Authors Notes

Gem Color Code:

Red: Anger, Frustration, Disbelief

Orange: Energetic, Enthusiastic, Open-minded

Yellow: Happy, Joyful, Peaceful

Green: Tense, Uneasy, Maturity

Blue: Calmness, Awareness, Free

Purple: Proud, Truthful, Wondrous

Pink: Love, Sentimental, Dreamy

Brown: Tired/Asleep, Concentrated, Thoughtful

Black: Pain, Closed-off, Dark-minded

White: Purity, Innocence, Goodness

Acronyms used in this story:

Y/N: "Your Name"

A/N: "Authors Note"

Y/N/N: "Your Nickname"

L/N: "Your Last Name"

POV: "Point of View

Prologue:

I listen to his steady breathing as I try to fall asleep after a long night of studying.

It seemed as if he was already asleep, his breathing deep and controlled. I turned on my other side, and closed my eyes to try and fall asleep.

I look at the gem in the microphone-shaped charm and see that it's color was brown. Yes, he was asleep. Every person has a bracelet with a charm. The charm varies in shape depending on what the two soulmates have in common. 

And since ours was a microphone, we both had something to do with music. 

I looked back at the tiny gem on the bottom of the microphone and saw it was now green. He was uneasy. But then I saw there was a little brown swirling in it too, so I assumed he was having a nightmare.

I was assuming it was a he because of his breathing, it sounded deep and powerful, but also... sweet at the same time.

{A/N: Don't mind me, I just have a wild imagination when it comes to Changbin... <3 😌}

I was seventeen, and in high school. I got my bracelet with the charm last summer, it arrived in a unlabeled package on our front doorstep. Ever since, I have almost never taken it off.

Just his breathing... it was soothing to hear. It matched with MY breathing, in, and out. In, and out.

The color of the charm changed to blue. Knowing he was finally at ease, made me at ease. Soon enough, I drifted off into a sleep swimming with dreams.

A/N: Thank you for choosing to read this story, trust me the chapters are not going to be this short, I just made the prologue short and that's it. Please know that if I get very detailed like I did in paragraphs 6 and 10, it is just me because Changbin is my bias and I tend to let my imagination just flow. My friends tell me when this happens and they call it either "Changbin High" (Do NOT ask where that name came from, not my idea!) or "Writers Mode". Anyways, excuse my ranting and soon I will begin the first chapter. Thank you!