Chapter 13: The Beginning of the End

"Hey Kraang! Over here!" Leo yelled.

They turned to us and started shooting, we ran.

After we turned a corner, Leo and I turned around, wordlessly workinb together and cutting up the bots that turned the corner.

As soon as we finished them off, more footsteps sounded.

My eyes widened.

"Up here!" Leo said, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the pipe workings on the roof.

Three bots went by.

"No sign of the ones called turtles. Must obtain turtles for the one called Shredder." They said before continuing down the tunnel.

"Shredder?" Leo asked as we jumped down from the ceiling.

"They must be working together!" I whispered.

He nodded in agreement.

We ran down the sewers, avoiding the Kraang as best we could.

"Quick, up here!" I said, sliding a manhole cover over and climbing to the surface.

We silently went to the nearest wall and peered around the corner. There were foot bot archers waiting for us. I took a step back, but then Leo pulled me back as a foot bot landed where I was at.

He cut off it's head, but more arrived and we were surrounded.

Arrows started shooting at us and we blocked and dodged them, running away. Two more dropped down, throwing ninja stars. He took down one while I stabbed the other.

He ran over towards a wooden fence, a slit open. Leo pulled the gate open and I slipped through, then he closed it behind us.

"Call your brothers." I told him as we crouched down behind a wooden fence.

He pulled out his turtle phone, just as the sound of approaching bots came up. They rounded the corner and I stabbed one in the face, slicing the other through the chest.

More started coming and Leo put up the phone, shaking his head.

"There isn't enough time." He told me and I nodded in understanding as about a dozen jumped down from their perches.

We quickly started to slice through them.

I hope the other turtles are having better luck.

We sliced through a lot of them before a clear voice rang out.

"Fire!"

I turned around and saw a bunch of arrows zooming at us.

"Oh no." Leo said.

I deflected a few arrows with my knives, dodging the others. Leo was doing the same with his katanas.

The arrows stopped raining down and we looked up at Shredder.

"Stop hiding behind your footbots! Face us Shredder!" He yelled.

Is that a good idea... inevitable, yes, but still...

"You are beneath me, turtle." He said.

Ouch.

Suddenly a chain came flying out from over a fence at Leo. I slashed at it with my knife. It deflected, but took the knive with it.

Suddenly Leo's sword flew past my face and landed in the head of a foot bot.

I didn't have time to do anything though before the fence crashed open and more bots came through. We backed up and attacked the bots again.

Suddenly Leo was kicked by a bot and he fly at a fence, it broke upon impact and he went tumbling down a hole.

I threw my knife and it impaled the footbot that kicked Leo off the edge. Another bot ran at me and I dodged it's punch, instead kicking it's leg and throwing it over the edge.

Something hard slammed into my side and I flew after the footbot, landing hard on another floor farther down.

I saw Leo's leg fly over me and kick a footbot away. I quickly stood up and the two of us looked out as footbots flooded into the area.

Then we were back at it, fighting against the never ending flood of footbots. I used up three more throwing knives. I was on my last throwing knife, my normal knives lost in the battle.

"Ahhhh!" I heard Leo cry out and I looked over after I sliced the arm off my latest foe.

He was falling down the side if the hole, all the way to the bottom, he splashed down into the water.

"Leo!" I yelled, jumped down and sliding down the slope.

I jumped near the bottom and landed on the wood. I crouched down and helped Leo out of the water.

Leo is a turtle, despite the mutagen's help, he is still cold blooded, this snow and the freezing cold water he handed in was not helping his case.

Our breathe was frosty white as it came out of our mouths. We turned to face Shredder and his followers, the footbots finally vanquished. Our hands were bare, Leo lost his weapons, and I dropped mine while sliding down the slope.

"Now." Shredder ordered.

Fishface, Rahzar, and Tigerclaw ran forward, jumping down to our level.

Tigerclaw punched me and I went flying slideways, the wood shoving splinters into my skin. Fishface stomped his foot down, but I rolled over, it just barely missing my head.

I grabbed Rahzar's ankles and yanked, knocking him over. I kicked his snout and threw him to the side. Then I grabbed the cords around Fishface's gills and pulled them out, he gasped and fell back into the water.

I looked over at Leo just in time to see him kick Tigerclaw away.

We gave each other an understanding look before turning to look at Shredder. But he wasn't where he used to be.

I turned in a full circle, before backing up into Leo, my back against his shell.

Shredder jumped down in front of me, appearing out of thin air. I gave out a battlecry before launching myself at him.

He kicked me in the stomach and I stumbled backwards. Leo jumped over me and kicked Shredder in his arm, forcing it down. Shredder's other arm came out and hit Leo, blades and flesh.

Leo fell down with a thump and my eyes widened in horror at Leo's unconscious body before I snapped out of it and cried out angrily before launching myself at Shredder.

Then everything went black.

Word Count: 1007