Chapter 4: Remembering the Hurt

Alright my lovely readers! I, being the gracious and selfless person that I am (completely joking) have decided to grant you (drum roll please)

STEVEN'S POV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND a very important flashback!

Yay me! (I fell asleep to Suite Life on Deck last night. I've been impersonating London all day)

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

________________________________________________________________________________

 ***RECAP***

I sighed and explained to them what Fiona did.

“That’s really weird,” Haley said.

“Yeah either she’s a really good person or she’s setting you up for something,” Shera said uncertainly. I shrugged. I wasn’t one to pass up free clothes.

By the time Ariel came back I was tired of explaining it. And by the time it was 11 at night, I was dreading school in the morning. What if I was still invisible? And what if I was labeled a whore? And even worse. What if Andrew didn’t like the new me?

Plagued by these thoughts I lay awake for hours until I finally passed into a dreamless sleep.

 ________________________________________________________________________________

Steven’s POV

“Whoa,” I heard Andrew say beside me.

Oh great. He only said “whoa” when he saw a girl that he was interested in. That means that I had to put up with another whiny girl.

I turned away from the breakfast bar, expecting to see his gaze directed on another cheerleader, when I saw Anna across the cafeteria.

If I hadn’t spent my entire life with her I wouldn’t have recognized her. But this was how she used to look before last year. Except, somehow, she looked even better.

Her hair blonde hair was longer and fuller. She had more curves and definitely more stylish clothes than in the 8th grade. And even though she didn’t used to wear glasses something seemed different about her face.

Oh. She was wearing make-up.

She had finally put in contacts and her eyes were framed by long eyelashes, and outlined by black eyeliner, making her green eyes pop. Her lips were a soft pink color, and her skin didn’t have that grayish-tinge anymore.

“Dude. Who is that?!” I heard Andrew say distantly. I looked to where he was pointing.

Right at Anna.

Oh no. I swallowed a large lump in my throat and answered, “It’s Anna.” While Andrew was gaping I remembered last year. When things were actually going right.

8th Grade

“Steven!” I heard Anna shout. I turned around to see her running at me, her long blonde hair flying behind her. I automatically opened my arms and she jumped right into them, laughing.