Chapter 3: Being Introduced to Another Me

So this is a pretty important chapter. I don't think it's too confusing so as long as everyone still has some brain cells left you won't get lost.

This chapter is hopefully longer than usual so enjoy!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

________________________________________________________________________________

  ***RECAP***

I glanced over at Andrew who was shoveling down food. I looked down dissapointed when I felt a different gaze on me.

I looked up at Fiona to see her studying me like I was her next project.

That couldn’t be good.

________________________________________________________________________________

I left the table as soon as I could. I was really anti-social and the whole atmosphere between Steven, Ariel and Fiona was really tense and uncomfortable.

I went to the bathroom and when I walked out almost walked back inside. Fiona was leaning up against the wall waiting for me.

“Hey Anna,” she said pleasantly smiling at me. I nodded to her uncertainly. She laughed. “I don’t bite.” I gave a weak smile.

“Why are you waiting for me?” I asked finally. She smiled again.

“I want to do you a favor,” she replied. I raised my eyebrows. “Well if I’m correct in saying you like Andrew, right?” she asked. I blushed a million shades of red.

“Has it occurred to you yet that he’s one of the most popular people in the school?” she asked. My face fell and I nodded.

“Well, I know how guys work. And if you want him to ask you out, you’ll have to change your image,” she said. I closed my eyes and sighed.

I had been debating the idea for some time now. What would happen if I came out of my shell? If I weren’t able to hide underneath my hat anymore? I would probably not like it, but it would get Andrew to notice me. I weighed the options. Finally I opened my eyes.

“Ok,” I said firmly. Fiona smiled satisfied.

“Let’s get to work,” she said.

***

“You have a private driver?” I asked shocked looking at the black car. She smiled grimly.

“My dad’s idea of being a long distance parent. I try not to use it that much. Besides next year I’ll be able to get my driver’s license and drive myself around,” she said sliding into the back seat. I slid in after her and she told the driver directions.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“To a beauty parlor,” she said keeping it vague. I shrugged.

I hadn’t told anybody that I was leaving. Firstly I wanted it to be a surprise and secondly Ariel would kill me if she knew that I was hanging out with her crush’s girlfriend.