chapter 12 (Slow goes the recovery)

Hitokoris pov

Recovery is something that Hitokori didn't particularly like.

What shinobi liked being holed up in a white room with machines hooked on them, their every move being watched whilst their vulnerable?

Not him that's for sure.

and any shinobi who did was a fucking exhibitionist.

He was on an IV to feed him nutrients he would have otherwise gotten from food so technically food (but not real food because they needed to regrow a good portion of  his fucking teeth) 

His hands were still being healed, some of the metacarpophalangeal joints were going to have to be replaced by Tungsten metal (which made him feel like a fucking cripple.) the only consolation is that it was a strong metal so his punch would hurt like fuck.

It also meant that he would have to be on something that would counteract the shots of mind numbing (but not really numbing) pain that he would now have to endure because of nerves not reacting well with metal implants when first introduced but over time his body would adapt and some other medical shite that he wasn't much inclined to understand.

His feet bones were thankfully salvageable and for that he is ever grateful to whatever fucked up kami decided to say :

"hey lets fuck this kid up mentally and physically by way of torture but lets just let him have salvageable feet."

like that made any fucking sense which it didn't par for the course in Hitokori's wizened experience of *gasp* 17 years of living. (can you fucking believe it? he turned 17 when did that happen?)

Apparently the war with iwa became the war with iwa and kumo which was  expected but fuck if that made the news palatable.

He had to start making plans or training not being incapacitated and fucking docile in a white linen bed, with white walls, 

white.fucking.everything.

"The decors lovely I absolutely adore the white, truly one of your best works this room right here." The voice of one yamanaka yasuhiro brought some comfort to him though he would never admit to it.

"Don't get sarcastic with me you fucking hooligan, I'll have you know white is...is..a very beautifull colour and the best bonus of it is that you blend in with your white ass complexion you damned ghost." He was in fact just bitching about this same room but he was so totally not gonna let yasuhiro get one over him.

The blonde man put a hand over his mouth in mock offence.

"Your one to talk about complexion hitokori 'whiter than gods hairy asshole' uchiha." The yamanaka said with faux anger.

"How crude." The uchiha responded with a teasing lilt to his voice.

"oh that's hypocritical and we both know it." The blonde said chiding but hitokori could see his small amused smirk.

"Oh ya-su-hi-ro, my friend, my brother in all but blood, my teammate I beseech you to tell me the latest news for I have been dreadfuly bored." Hitokori switched so suddenly and  grinned at the other.

"What would the hokage say if he heard two of his shinobi gossiping like old biddies?"  The lackadaisical voice of the sixth hokage had them both unconsciously straightening up.

"I'm gonna go out on a whim here and say that he'd be a little embarrassed and quite pissed that we, and almost half the village, know he had a little bit of fun yesterday night." Hitokori answered trying not to start bursting out laughing.

"A little? Kami help us all if that was 'a little'" yasuhiro mutters.

Both men try to not look at each other as kakashi stares at them.
But they looked.
And you'd think they were possessed by the amount of howling laughter you could hear from the room.

"Right... I'll leave you guys to your whole shtick, and remember kids don't do drugs." Kakashi gave them a deadpan look as they laughed uproariously.

"A little late for that warning!" Hitokori was wheezing now slapping a hand on his thigh.

"I can tell." Kakashi said his amusement clear in his eyes.
He leaves in a flourish of leaves.
Dramatic bastard that he is.

"So the latest?" Hitokori asked staring at his blonde friend questioningly.

"Hmm well, shikamaru-san and temari-san have divorced, shikadai has chosen to leave konoha with his mother who's returning to sand,  mirai has been quite greviously injured but will make a full recovery, she was quite stupidly injured if you ask me quite pathetic but whatever..." The information on trivial and not so trivial things continued far into the next day causing nurses to shoo yasuhiro out.
~

"...and your teeth will all grow back soon if your body reacts well with the shot I'm going to administer you and should the medics continue unhindered for the next week-" the nurse shot him a look presumably due to Hitokori's known distaste for letting the medics do there jobs.
All Hitokori could think is that he was NOT going to stay in this room for another week they'd be lucky if he stayed another day.

"Fuck if I'll stay another day!" He cut her off incredulity and panic bubbling in his throat.

The nurse was quite, unnaturally so.

He peered at her to see her face, exhausted.

She looked like she was holding back tears, barely at that.

He remembered just then just how many people were injured, dead or crippled.

All if not most of them shinobi.

Stubborn, bull headed shinobi.

This was one of the best hospitals in konoha.

Hitokori hated hospitals but he hated being a bother more.

He grit his teeth and bit out his next sentence.

"Fuck. Sorry." She looked up at this eyes bright with almost she'd tears.

She nodded and administered the shot in silence and hitokori reflected.

When she had left he let out a brief sigh and lay down to rest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yello, Hello.

How are you today?---> 

Over life: 😭

Ill survive:🙃

I'm happier than you:🥰 (meaning your happier than me)

reply in the comments <3

Anyway having a bit of a dilemma I need a moniker for Hitokori

and I'm shite at naming as seen with the name^

So any suggestions?

Tell us in the comments.

Toodaloo.

Till next time!!

Word count:985