Bruce

A/N: Hey it's me again. This chapter ends on a slight cliff hanger. Sorry if this chapter is a bit boring, but I do hope you enjoy it. More importantly, isn't the pug the cutest? Its a photo I found online, but I wish I had a pug :(

Just before I was about to leave my apartment, I recieved a text from Luke. It read, "Leave your books at home nerd boy. My address is 41 Cake Street." There was a picture attached of a small pug.

It was the first text Luke had sent me since I gave him my number. I replied back, "Is that Bruce? OMG, he's actually the cutest pug I've ever seen in my life."

Luke responded almost immediately. "He's the custest ANYTHING you've ever seen in your life and no, he's all mine. Although, you can come over any time you want and vist him. Brucey gets lonely sometimes and he loves visitors."

I smiled at the thought of having keys to his house, but I shook the thoughts out of my head as soon as they entered. Way too soon. "If I see him, I'll want to keep him."

Luke: He's all mine. Sorry, not sorry ;)

Me: fine, but if he's missing, you'll know where he is

Luke: I don't think it's smart to reveal your master plan to me

Me: these days, I reveal everything to you

Luke: not everything calum

Oh god. Was he just flirting with me? I thought. I looked down at my flannel and scrunched my face. I retreated back into my closet, shuffling around like a helpless teenager for a new shirt. I grabbed a white shirt with black sleeves and did my best to smooth out the wrinkles. I misted myself with my best colonge before heading out. The ride to his house was quick and I was surprised to see how grand his house was. The house was simple itself, with two stories and a flat blue roof. I parked my car and headed towards the front door. Before I had even knocked, the door fly opened causing me to stumble back.

"That was fast," said the blue eyed boy. Luke was grinning from ear to ear.

"Yeah, um it wasn't that long of a drive," I said, looking past him and into the hallway. I heard a barking come from inside and a smile creeped onto my face.

"I told you Bruce loved vistors. Come on in," Luke said, holding the door wider for me.

"Thanks," I mumbled, carefully walking in as if I were treading in a dangerous zone. "Do you live here alone? This house is huge!"

"No, my roommate lives with me. She's my best friend. You'll have to meet her one day."

Instantly, a dog ran up to my leg and hugged it. I bent down on my knees and rubbed Bruce's stomach. "Aren't you a cute little puggy," I said, my voice reaching octaves higher than normal.

Luke came up from behind me and did the same. "Yes, good boy. Yes you are."

I giggled at how high Luke's voice had become. I sat on the floor watching as Luke played with Bruce. "He likes it when you do this," Luke said, demonstrating by scratching Bruce's ear.

"Does he?" I asked, doing what Luke was. Bruce responded by rolling on his side and wagging his tail. He jumped on my stomach and stood on his hind legs and began licking my face. "Yeah, he likes the ear thing," I said, my face scrunching up as Bruce's tongue licked over my cheek and eye.

Luke laughed, "He likes you."

"Who doesn't?" I said, sarcastically with a smile.

"I agree."

I smiled a little as my cheeks flushed, still wet from the dog's tongue.

"Wanna see the rest of the house?" Luke asked, changing the subject.

I raised my eyebrow, "Okay."

"Don't worry. I'm not going to attack you," Luke said, leading me to a room. "This is where I sleep. Welcome."

As we walked in, I did a quick once over, nodding at the various band posters on the wall. "Cool. My room is really plain compared to ours. I haven't had the time to decorate it."

"Yeah, I have a ton of extra band posters if you want."

"You should be my room decorator," I said, walking around his room.

"That could work," Luke said with a smirk, looking at me.

I nodded shyly. I didn't know what else to say. My eyes flew over to the pictures on his desk and my eyes widening in suprise. There was a boy our age in a frame sitting next to his laptop. "Who's he?" I asked, confused and hurt all at once.