Dream

My eyes pop open the next morning when I hear the coffee pot starting its morning cycle. I stare at the ceiling confused for a moment. What happened last night? There's no way that wasn't a dream. Soft breaths against my back remind me that it was definitely real.

Jack's arms are draped around me making it almost impossible for me to move. I slither my way out of his grip without waking him and head to the bathroom to start a shower. The hot water pours down my face and over my body. Eyes closed, I stand facing the wall. My body aches but with a good pain.

I'm daydreaming about last nights events when the shower doors pops open. Startled I turn around to see Jack stepping in.

"Mind if I join you?"

He proceeds to turn on the water to the head opposite of mine. I stand there motionless unable to take my eyes off of him. I'm completely beguiled. I watch water droplets form and fall down every crevice of his body.

"You alright baby?"

Hearing him call me that sends chills over my entire body. To my surprise he begins to gently massage me from my shoulders to my hips.

I twist off the water on my side of the shower and wrap a towel tightly around me.

"I'm gonna go make breakfast."

He nods in agreement. I slip him a small kiss and head to the closet to get dressed. Unsure of what to wear, I slip on a silk robe and make my way to the kitchen.

I'm leaned up against the stove frying bacon when I feel his arms wrap around my waist. He nips and kisses my neck. I feel a familiar hand making its way into my robe and down my body.. When he's almost between my legs I gently grab his arm to stop him.

"Food first...", I murmur.

He takes a step back and places himself in a seat opposite me. With a playful pout on his face, he rolls his eyes and flashes his biggest smile at me.

"Okay okay whatever you say. We can eat then your all mine."

MINE.. I kind of like the sound of that.

We finish breakfast and curl up on the couch to watch a Friends marathon. After what seems like an eternity, I peek out the window and notice the sun starting to set. Where has the day gone? I've been here all day and have barely used the bathroom or even moved. My god I have to pee!!! 

I stand staring at myself in the mirror as I wash my hands. I'm still in shock over last night's events. Not that I'm complaining, just can't believe that's what I've been missing this whole time.

"Willow?", I hear Jack calling my name from the other room. 

I enter the kitchen to find him standing at the stove making dinner. How long was I in the bathroom? 

"What's for dinner?"

"Lasagna", he states proudly with a cheeky smile.  "I remember when we first met you told me how much you loved Italian food." 

I park myself in the seat opposite him watching him admiringly. Good looks check! Great cook check! Amazing lover check! I'm pretty sure I hit the jackpot this time.

But how am I going to explain this at work? As much as I'm enjoying this whole situation, I still have my reservations. Jack is practically my boss and if this ends badly it could have negative implications for us both. No time to worry about it now but definitely something that needs addressed in the near future.

After dinner is all cleaned up, we land back on the couch. In between commercials, Jack begins to make small talk about work. 

"How come you never made a move on me the night we had drinks?" 

"To be honest, you intimidate me.", I reply sheepishly. 

My face turns red from embarrassment. I drop my head to try and keep him from noticing. He takes my face in both hands and kisses me gently on the forehead. 

"What could ever make you think you needed to be intimidated by me?" He giggles at me as if he's surprised.

I shrug and start to stutter; unable to come up with an answer. Look at you; successful, gorgeous, smart. How would I ever be good enough to live up your expectations? 

"Willow, you're the most beautiful woman I've ever met. Your intelligent and kind and insanely cute when you're jealous." 

I raise my head a little and give him the side-eye. "ME JEALOUS, AS IF!!" 

"Is that why you were about to rip my sister to shreds last night?"

We both begin to laugh uncontrollably. This is the happiest I've been in so long. We laugh all night until we fall asleep.