Ethereal

My alarm sounds off and i hop right out of bed and head straight to the shower. I waste no time getting ready and getting out the door to work. As the taxi pulls up in front of the building my heart rate spikes. I step into the elevator and calm myself down as much as possible.

The elevator pops open and my curious eyes began to wonder as I step out. He had mentioned yesterday that he would have a permanent office in our building. Now all I have to do is find it and have reason to go to it. I stood there for a moment and suddenly an idea popped into my head. I knew how I could find out.

I head to the break room where I unfold my plan to find his office. Today is the only time I have ever been excited to see Ashley this early in the morning. Rather than come right out and ask, I nonchalantly mention all the new employees who would be joining us at the firm and where they would be working from. After 10 minutes of her grueling chitter chatter, she finally mentioned that Mr. Phoenix's office was 2 doors from mine.

The excitement and anxiety start to build inside me. I exit the break room and make my way to the conference room. There was no way I was letting anyone get a seat next to him if I could help it. I meander my way through the corridor. I gaze through the glass and his coal black hair and expensive grey suit come into view.

As I reach for the handle he looks up and his eyes meet mine. It's almost as if time stood still. Mesmerized by his gaze, I floated across the floor and into the seat right next to him. He cracks a half smile at me and I almost melt into the chair.

"Good morning Ms., Kensington", he utters. 

I can feel my face turn scarlet red as the heat surges through my body.

"Morning Mr. Phoenix", I reply bashfully. 

The meeting progresses to an end, and I can't help but feel disappointed. As much work as I have to do, who knows when I will see him again today. As we are exiting the conference room Mr. Phoenix stops me outside the door.

"I have some cases for you too look over when you have the time"

"Sounds great. Want me to come to your office and get them now or?" I ask sheepishly.

 This will give me a reason to go to his office.

"No that's okay I can have your assistant bring them to you soon. I'm sure your very busy."

"Sounds great." I reply disheartened. 

And there goes my chance to go to his office right out the window. Disappointed, I trudge to my office and close the door. 

A few months pass and we see each other quite often. Between the morning meetings and passing one another on the work floor, we have grown very fond of one another. I find any way I can to work with him. We get along great and work seamlessly together.

I try frequently to go to his office but never seem to get inside. Something always comes up or he offers to come to mine instead. Word around the office is that no one has ever been inside his office because he wants his privacy while he works. Not that I blame him but that doesn't stop me from wondering.

I finally get frustrated and give up on the idea. I'm not sure why I even want to see it so bad. It's silly really. Maybe someday.... Besides, I have work to worry about. I'm finally getting settled into my new office. Work has been good, and things have really come together for me lately. I completely remodeled my loft recently and have even been considering buying a new car for when I take my vacation. 

It's a random Wednesday. I'm setting in my office waiting for the day to be over. The first half of my day is client relations calls. Once I make my last call, the rest of the day consists of case review and preparation. I compile the proper documentation to be sent to other firms. Just when I think the day will never be over my computer dings.