𝟓. 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐊 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

y/n's pov.

"how did you mange to take that one dude out?" miles asks me as he speeds his way down the road.

"i don't know, i just pulled all the shopping carts on top of him." i breathlessly state.

he smiles like he's impressed, "that's badass."

"i guess." 

i'd say we make it about 45 minutes into miles just speeding across the way until he finally slows the car down at a steadier pace.

i could also tell he took notice of my off behavior.

"hey, you okay?" he asked, concern over taking him, "did that guy do anything to you?"

i shake my head as i feel myself about to pass out, "no, no. i'm fine. i'm doing great."

his eyes finally travel down to the car floor below my feet and i could tell he saw all the blood that was pooling there.

he gasped, "holy shit, y/n. your leg!"

"yeah, yeah. i know!" i frantically yelled.

"oh my god, you're loosing so much blood." he distressed.

i looked over at him as my vision began to fade out.

he snapped in front of my face, "y/n, y/n, y/n. stay awake. stay awake, please."

miles took his jacket off and took out a gun from his pocket.

that definitely woke me up, "HOLY HELL, WHY DO YOU HAVE A GUN!?"

"NOW IS NOT THE TIME, Y/N. I'LL EXPLAIN LATER."

something about the way he casually took the gun out really made me feel like this wasn't the first time he handled one.

he ripped the sleeve off of his jacket and made me take off my boot.

i could tell he grimaced at the sight of my tattered up leg and wrapped the sleeve around it to apply pressure.

"oh god. we're gonna have to take a little detour." he says out of breath.

"where? we're in the middle of no where."

"well, i'm gonna find somewhere and quick. just calm down, and stay awake."

miles's pov.

i pulled over at the side of the road, literally in the middle of no where. just a bunch of fields and grass but this had to be done urgent 'cause y/n was loosing way too much blood and she was for sure going to pass out soon.

also, i figured it gives quint a little confusion over where we went. i'm hoping that he'll just drive his way down the state while i just go off to the side for a bit.