Waking up

After much thought, and some help from teen_fangirl, I have decided Red X will be Hans.

_______________________________________

Starfire ran over to the window, looking at the northern lights dancing across the night sky. They lit up her electric green eyes. Her red hair put into two short pigtails. Looking behind her, she saw the purple hair of her sister. She ran over and jumped on her side.

   "Raven,pssst! Raven! Wake up, wake up, wake up!" Raven's eyes opened into purple slits.

   "Starfire, go back to sleep." Her eyes closed. Starfire fell back on top of her and said dramatically

   "I just can't! The sky's awake, so I'm awake. So I need to play!" Raven smiled.

   "Go play by yourself!," She playfully shoved Starfire off the bed, where she sat pouting. Only for a second though. She jumped back on Raven and pulled her eyelid up.

   "Do you wanna summon a demon?" Raven's eyes opened with a small smile.

   They raced down the stairs.

   "Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on!"

   "Ssh! Ssh!"

They reached the ballroom and closed the door. Starfire pulled Raven to the center.

   "Do the magic, do the magic!" Raven put her hand out, a dark aura surrounding it.

   "Are you ready?" Starfire cheered. Raven stomped her foot, the ritual circle appearing around her. It started glowing.

   "This is amazing!,"Starfire watched as the glow got brighter.

   "Watch this!" She stomped again. A small demon shaped like a mutated worm came out. Raven grabbed him and started making it look like he was talking.

   "Hi, my name's Silkie. And I like warm hugs!" Starfire ran and have him a hug.

   "Oh, I love you Silkie!" They danced around for a while. Starfire suddenly jumped from Raven's black hover disk. Raven threw her hand and caught her on another one. Starfire giggled.

   "Catch me! Again!" She stated jumping from more disks that Raven created. Starfire sped up. Raven started panicking.

   "Wait! Slow down!" Raven tried to throw the disks faster to keep up with her energetic sister.

   "Whee!" Starfire seemed oblivious to her sister's distress.

   "Starfire!" She tripped, Starfire started to fall, Raven tried to throw some magic to catch her at the last minute, but it missed. Only by a little unfortunately. Starfire let out a small "ohf!" As the magic hit her head. Raven stood and ran to her, catching her as she fell.

   "Starfire. Arella! Trigon! It's okay, Starfire. I got you." The door burst open as Arella and Trigon ran in the room.

   "What have you done?," Trigon asked as he examined Starfire, "This is getting out of hand."

   "It was an accident. Oh, Starfire." Arella picked the unconscious Starfire off the floor.

   "She's ice cold."

   "I know what we have to do." Trigon ran to the library, shuffling through the books as quickly as he could. He found the one he was looking for and pulled out a map. Arella and Raven shared one horse, Raven's power leaving a tail of black fire. Trigon and Starfire shared the other.

   Robin was walking through the forest when the horses sped by. He looked and saw the trail.

   "Black fire?" He started running after the horses. They stopped at a clearing and her hid behind a rock.

   "Please, help! My daughter!" The family stood, waiting. A rumbling was heard as rocks came rolling towards them. When they were surrounded, the rocks changed to trolls.

   "It's the king," was one of the many whispers that passed through.

   "Trolls?" Robin asked. The rock he was hiding behind became a female troll.

   "Ssh. I'm trying to listen." She looked at him.

   "Cute, I'm gonna keep you."

An elderly troll came through the crowd. He took Raven's hand.

   "Your Majesty, born with the powers or cursed?" Trigon answered for her.

   "Uh, born. A, and they're getting stronger."  He nodded and looked at Starfire. He put his hand on her head.

   "You are lucky it wasn't her heart. The heart isn't so easily changed. But the head can be persuaded."

   "Do what you must." Trigon pleaded.

   "I recommend we remove all magic. Even memories of magic. To be safe. But don't worry, I leave the fun." As he said this, memories of the times they played with her magic were changed, altered to just playing with dolls or on furniture. He put the altered memories back in Starfire's head.

   "She will be okay."

   "But she won't remember I have powers?" Raven asked meekly.

   "It's for the best." Trigon assured her.

   "Listen to me, Raven. Your power will only grow. There is beauty in it, but also great danger," Raven gasped, "You must learn to control it. Fear will be your enemy." It showed an image of her showing the villagers what she could do, then her powers backfired. The people attacked her image.

   "No, we'll protect her. She can learn to control it, I'm sure. Until then, we lock the gates. We'll reduce the staff. We'll limit her contact with people. And keep her powers hidden from everyone. Including Starfire."

   Raven looked at her new room. It was lonely without Starfire on the other side. She looked back to close her door, trying not to cry at the hurt look on her sister's face.