Prologue

"Please don't run!"

"Stop...let me explain."

Her eyes were large and slightly foggy in appearance, like she was on a mental precipice, as she looked at the naked man in front of her. She shook her head once, trying to shake the visions from her head of a large black and gray wolf.

"I think I drank too much." She whispered as she turned and fled back towards the road.

An anguished howl followed her, but that was all.

Braxton felt the pain in his chest, but there really wasn't anything he could do. She had made her choice, and now he was going to have to live with it. He felt like a hormonal 16 year old, not the 40 year old grown man that he should be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily stumbled into her house feeling more guilty than scared. She had not planned to be out so long. It was just supposed to be a girls night to relax a bit and get her mind off of work and...things...but, she had stayed too long.

"Hey babe." A voice called from the dimly lit living room to her right. Steve walked out with a beer in one hand and his phone and a remote in the other.

"Sorry. Did you stay up? I totally lost track of time and the number of Margaritas I had." Thinking back to the bar, that wasn't the only thing she forgot.