Who Are You Now?

-Harry’s Point of View-

I’m not sure what I expected Zayn’s house to look like. His taste in décor is kind of dark but homey. The walls are a light brown and there seems to be various shades of brown as well as black. The furniture is all simple but neat. Two long couches, a loveseat, a glass coffee table, and an entertainment center with a normal sized flat screen.

There were a few questionable things that caught my eye, like the cosmopolitan magazines on the table and the make-up bag sitting on the kitchen counter that divided the living room and kitchen.

“It’s not as modern as your flat but it’s home.” Zayn sighs.

“I like it.” I declare looking at the collection of DVD’s stacked on either side of the TV.

“Let me show you my room.” Zayn says pulling me upstairs and down a small hallway.

“There are two bedrooms? Do you live alone?” I ask curiously.

“No, it’s just a guest room for when my folks drop by.” He shrugs.

If he has this flat all by himself he must have a decent job. What does Zayn do for a living?

Zayn’s room is again not what I expected. It smells really good. There’s a massive bed and some drawers with a flat-screen on top of it. There’s also a small desk with a writing lamp.

More signs of a female presence are littered all over the room, the leopard print bra sticking out from beneath the bed, a pair of strappy high heels sitting in the closet, and a picture frame of the blonde girl that must be Zayn’s ex-girlfriend sat on the corner of his writing desk.

I watch Zayn kick the leopard print bra beneath his bed but it’s too late, I already saw it.

As much as it pisses me off to see these things, Zayn chose me in the end, didn’t he?

“What’s on your mind?” Zayn asks.

I snap out of my stupor and realize I’m standing idly in the doorway while Zayn’s already sitting on his bed.

“Oh nothing. Just zoning out.” I shake my head.

Zayn smiles and pats the space on the bed beside him. I grin and lay next to him.

“You ever liked lads before?” Zayn questions.

“No. Never actually. Dated quite a few girls though.”

“Yeah? Like…how many?”

“Dunno, lost count to be honest.”

Zayn pounces on top of me locking both my wrists at my sides, his hands like cuffs.

“So am I going to be just another notch on your bedpost?” He narrows his eyes at me.

“You’re the one that nailed me. If anyone’s a notch, it’s me.” I sigh.

“I need to tell you…it isn’t easy being with me.” Zayn relaxes his hold on my wrists.

“I didn’t ever think it was going to be easy. No offense.”

“I get jealous. I haven’t always been faithful. On top of that, I tend to have a radical temper.”

“I sort of knew that about you. Even if this turns out to be a train wreck, I wanna do it anyway.”

“I was hopping you’d say something along those lines.”

He smirked at me and just the way he looked at me made my entire face burn up. I quickly picked up the camera to capture the shot. Zayn’s already used to the familiar click of my Nikon.