44- (Alt. Chapters) Breaking rules

Louis POV
"But dad it's gonna be my first party that's not an event with a ton of paps" my teenage daughter begged. Harry and I were standing at the kitchen counter making dinner. Beau had asked us about the party yesterday and we said we would talk about it today. "Are there going to be any parents there?" Harry tried to ask, I set down the bowl of lettuce I was holding for salad. "Harry of course there's no parents, it's a high school party. Who's even throwing the party?" I asked trying to keep my voice calm. But inside I was panicking. I wanted to just say no, tell her she couldn't go, but I knew I couldn't just tell her no because I want to hear her out. "This kid In third year", "you don't know him?" Harry asked and she sighed. "Well no... not technically. But! All my friends will be there! And I'll have my phone on the whole time, and if there's alcohol I won't have a sip I promise" she was begging again. I sighed "go upstairs and clean up for dinner, let your dad and I talk" I said and she sighed, smiled softly and nodded before going upstairs.
As soon as we were alone I let out a big breathe I didn't realize I was holding. "Boo Bear, talk to me" Harry said pulling me to him. He placed his hands on my waist and I sighed leaning against him a bit. "I just... I know what goes on at these parties Hazz. She hasn't ever been to a party as a teenager, that wasn't surrounded by security and paps and managers. I just don't want something bad to happen, I don't think she should be going to a party this soon into her first year either". Harry rubbed up and down my arms soothingly "well I think that's valid... but she is also growing up and it's normal for teenagers to want to party. Eventually you will have to start letting her get more involved socially outside of work" he said, I sighed knowing he was completely right. "Okay you're right, I'll tell her for this party it's a no but next time is a definite yes, I just think it's not a good idea. Plus she has an audition in two days and I don't know if she's even done memorizing it". Harry nodded "okay we can tell her when we eat, she's always handled things very well". I smiled and nodded "yeah, you're right. She's still my little Beau.

"DADS ARE YOU SERIOUS? it's the first party that's being thrown of the school year, everyone is going! Why can't I go? Don't you guys trust me? I'll be with Audrey and I'll have my phone on me!" Beau spewed out and begged all at once. I sighed "beau you have an Audition in a couple days, and there will be other parties. The next one I promise you can go to okay? Just not this time alright?", beau huffed and looked at Harry as if he would tell her she could go. He sighed softly "Beau you know your dads right, have you finished memorizing your script for your Audition?". She whined "no not all the way but I promise I'll do it all the day before!". Harry gave her a "you're better than that" look and she sighed. "Fine. I'm not allowed to go. Got it." She said curtly, I frowned a bit. She never used to get attitude like this, "Well let's just finish eating yeah?" Harry said trying to keep the meal moving, Beau picked up her plate and set it in the sink and walked to the stairs "not hungry anymore goodnight". She took off up to her room and shut her door loudly. I sighed and put my face in my hands. "Did I make the wrong choice?" I asked Harry and he reached over grabbing my hand "no, you were right she hasn't finished memorizing her script, and besides we don't anything about this kid who's throwing the party and neither does Beau. This was beat for this time okay?" I smiled softly and leaned over pressing my lips to his. Feeling the same sparks I've felt since I first met him. "Why don't we, pop open some wine. Pop in a movie. And get our cuddle on. Besides you have a couple work things coming up so enjoy your free time" he said encouragingly. I chuckled "that sounds really nice actually".

Beau's POV
"They said I can't go" I said annoyed. Audrey groaned through the phone "ugh are you serious? But it's the first party of the school year!" "That's what I said" I replied as I plopped into my pillow. "What happened" she asked, "they said no because I have that audition coming up and I haven't finished memorizing the script. And because we don't know the guy throwing the party". She sighed "but I mean people we know, know him", I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "I was actually kind of mean to them..." I said. "Mean? You? How" Audrey asked confused. "Well I skipped out on eating dinner with them and didn't tell them I love them and I slammed my door...", Audrey chuckled and I scrunched my brows together confused. "Why is that funny?", "just because if that's you being mean you have a lot to learn" she teased and I rolled my eyes fondly at her jokes. "Whatever. Anyway, you'll have to go without me" I said sadly. "Pft, yeah right. Im not going without my bestfriend. We're gonna sneak you out". My eyes widened "sneak me out? B-but I've never snuck out in my life Audrey". "There's a first time for everything! Come on rule breaking is good once in a while, and we will be back before your parents even notice you're gone that night okay? The parties tomorrow night so that gives us tonight to plan". I smiled nervously, should I really do this? "Alright let's do it" I said eagerly.

It was the next morning and I was nervous to say the least. It was now Saturday, the day of the party. Audrey and I figured out our plan last night, I'm going to stay mad at my parents all day and stay in my room most of the day, then later Audrey will come over and say she skipped the party to be with me. We're gonna "watch movies" then sneak out of my window and take an Uber. I have never really broken the rules so I was so excited and nervous, what if my dads caught me? Would I get in trouble, of course I would. But who cares, I won't let them stop me from going to this party!

Harry's POV
"Yeah make sure there's two extra tickets for Louis and Beau please" I told my manager. I had an event coming up, I'm realizing an album of a bunch of my old songs that I didn't want to put out but as time passed I realized I wanted to share it all. So my managers set up a release party, it was in two weeks. "Of course, we have it set up. Later Harry" "bye" I said after a quick thank you. I looked out the window to the back porch, Louis was sitting in the porch swing on his computer. He was trying to start early on his work to distract himself but I could tell he was upset about Beau. Since last night Beau hasn't really spoken to Louis or I today. She came down once for food but went back up to her room right after. We've heard music and movies playing so she's clearly sulking. I sighed and stepped outside "hey boo bear, how's work coming?", he looked up at me and smiled "Pretty good, everything coming okay with your new album?". I smiled and sat by him in the porch swing "yeah, it's in two weeks. I got you and Beau tickets by me". His smile faltered at her name and I sighed. "What's on your mind love?" He sighed and shut his laptop. "I just don't know where the times gone. Beau was so small and young and you and I were her favorite people in the world.... and now she's so angry at us for saying she couldn't go to a silly party that she won't even speak to us. I'm just, sad cuz I know that means times are changing and I know she's changing and she's going to change as she grows up but... I don't want her to grow up and hate me". I put my arm around him and pulled him close "Louis she could never hate you, or me. She's a teenager, you remember how upset we could get as teens over fox knows what", I nodded in agreement, "she just needs time to cool off. Maybe later you can try to go in and have a chat with her". He smiled and nodded "yeah you're right Hazz, thanks. Seriously. You always know what to say some how". I smiled and jokingly flipped my hair "I try I try". He chuckled and kissed me. It was a soft sweet kiss that lasted for about ten seconds but as usual it was perfect.
Don't get me wrong. I was upset Beau wasn't talking to us either but I knew it was different for Louis, as long as I've been around, Louis has literally been there since day one. I'm t makes sense he's taking it harder. But I know Beau just needs time, right?