Chapter 3

"Pavi has already cleaned up our mess. Come on let's not waste more time now." Arjun said merrily.

"Excuse us everyone, uncle and aunty, if you don't mind I need to talk with Pavi in private. Please don't wait for us, you all can go to the venue I reserved, my family have already arrived at the hotel" he said with tears rolling down his cheeks. He wiped them and proceeded "sorry for the inconvenience" saying all that he got into the car and looked at me. Tears weren't stopping, he put on the seatbelt in fury. I immediately reached for the belt and looked out. They were all as bewildered as I was, I pulled my phone and texted all of them that I was sorry and to forgive me if they could. I texted him as well but he just didn't pull his leg off that accelerator, he had lost it. The car picked up speed and my heartbeat quickened.

I didn't know what to do - should I talk? Or should I pass him the tissues? Should I just sit quietly? Or-r no, I should stop thinking too much now. Before we crash off somewhere I need to do something.

"Stop the car sir" I shrieked. He didn't react at all. I started to think harder, should I just shake off his shoulder? Should I somehow try to reach on to break? Or should I? Ideas were piling up and slowly I wasn't afraid of the car speeding. I looked at him and smiled.

"JK, happy birthday!! May all your dreams come true babe. I love you." I shared my honest thoughts and realised I fucked up again.

He immediately pulled over, I positioned my hand  and saved his head but I banged mine onto the dashboard. I looked at him in pain he rested his hot head on my palm. He then woke up to check on me and I instantly brushed off and sat in a relaxed position, he didn't say a word. We were in the middle of the highway, I suggested we switch the positions to which he hugged me tight, I paused and later pushed him off gently.

"Let's go to the hotel. It's dark and before we get into any problem " I said. His phone rang he answered the call he said yes yes yes and ended the call.

"Drive to the Radisson," he said. I drove the car and calmed down only after we reached the destination. He glistened at me the whole time.

My mom was standing near the parking, she rushed towards me and asked if I was okay. I had a bruise on the right side of my forehead, it hurt a bit but I was fine. He parked the car and joined us. We walked to the lobby and my mom directed us to the banquet hall.

The place was lit, all the decorations were so outstanding and expensive. His sister had done the arrangements and guided the staff well, she's the best when it comes to all this.

There weren't many people there just my parents, his family and our friends. We were welcomed by all, the moment I stepped in it felt like everyone had forgotten what all had happened before including JK. My mom joined my dad who still seemed upset but just smiled at me.

"Smile Pavi" he whispered in my ears. I blushed, I wasn't anticipating him to do that. He held my hand, which comforted me and I gave out a big smile. The party began and so did the chatter, laughter, music, the smell of alcohol filled the room. I stood by him until the cake cutting and then joined my parents. They were enjoying more than me, my mom was constantly shooing me away. So I just held on to a glass of wine and sat on one of the corner tables and watched them. I'm such a dumbo, I was gonna ruin everyone's night with my ego.

Linda walked towards me and took a seat beside me. Finally, the BFFs reunited after a month. She was my age when we met up in a local fanbase meeting 6 years ago. She works at the National bank.

I was much pacified by her presence. We spoke, laughed aloud and she drank. I was determined not to get drunk.

JK's dad announced that it was the last segment of the party and so should all join the slow dance. I was so excited I held Linda's hand but she was totally wasted. I placed her hand on the table and joined the rest. I was clasped by a hand which guided me to the dance floor, the music was so relaxing. I moved and danced wholeheartedly.

I attended parties with JK just for this segment. I could see that my parents loved it too. Our gazes met, wait who was I even dancing with? I slowly moved my gaze to the person with me, it was JK's dad I was expressionless then. He smiled awkwardly and said if I could give him a minute. I agreed, we were about to leave, just then JK stood in front of us. I smiled and asserted that uncle was guiding me to the restroom as I poured wine over my dress. And to not bother about me.

" Pavi you are in your casuals and I don't see a single stain on your t-shirt. Please don't defend my father. I know everything." He said firmly.

"Dad, please don't, I love her and trust me I won't do anything that will bring bad name to our respectable family" He said.

"Come with me Pavi," he said and pulled me to the dance floor and we danced.

"Did you not make anything for me this time?" He enquired. I smiled looking at the tie. I had done the embroidry on the tie he was wearing then, it was his gift last bday. I put my hand in my back pocket and faked to pull out something, I showed him the finger heart. He giggled.

The music ended and was the time to depart. I went towards Linda she had fallen on the floor. I called her brother but he didn't pick up. My dad came by and said that we could drop her on way back home.

Arjun came by and carried her to dad's car. My parents were ahead, we both couldn't stop laughing at Linda as she was just blabbering some. She had grown a bit bulkier I guess as I couldn't lift her off ground. He placed her in the back seat.

"Uncle if you don't mind can I drive you all home today?" He said.

"Don't worry Arjun, I'm here. I will drive, don't worry you can go." I insisted.

"No!! w-where are you going Pavi? Didn't J-J R-Ronnie sir tell you about that new product no-no supplement the company had decided to work on?" He said in a trembling voice.

"Which supplement?? I don't know I have already resigned, anyways Ronnie sir trusts Zaira more than me and JK yo, so just let me go. " I said

"Zaira?? She was fired, the day you resigned" He said.

"W-what she was fired? But why? " I asked.

"Pavi let me drop your parents and Linda home first. Ronnie sir is inside ask him" he said signalling me to go in.

"Yeah, Pavi go anyways what great have you done by resigning? See the company is so great it still wants you to work for them, go!! I don't think you have started your preparation for the exam yet. Stay back. Good night" Dad said and sat in the front seat. Mom smiled and sat with Linda, Arjun chuckled and got in the car.

What's going on? I want to go home and sleep too. I stood there and watched the car drive off.

"Pavi what are you doing there alone? Come here."
I turned back I saw sir there, I slapped myself and ran in. We went back to the hall. In there, Sanya and JK were having some serious talks looking at her iPad. She wasn't there around after cake cutting did something happen.

I looked at Dia who was working on her laptop along with Chris. We both walked towards them.

"See she came back," Chris said looking at me.

"What's the matter, why are you all here? I mean you can do this in the office right?" I said looking at them tensely.

"No, no we can't waste time driving there now. We should sort out everything here itself" Dia said looking at her laptop screen now.

" Pavi sit down, did Zaira contact you recentlyy?" Ronnie said in a deep voice.

"Umm no what happened to her??"I asked in a shaky voice.

"She got in my father's chamber and has eloped away with some documents," JK said lifting his head finally of that screen.

I blacked out.