Chapter one: The Loss of my Ears.

I sat there, at the train station, waiting for my parent’s train to arrive. No one’s around, when will the train get here? I hear the train rattling, it’s about to turn the corner. A loud screech of metal against metal sounds, I gasp as the train is flung off the rails, straight towards me. I panic, looking left, right, up, down. I turn and start to run, I feel a piece of debris hit my arm, not drawing blood, luckily. I hear someone scream my name.

Sophia!” It’s obviously a young child. Female. Lucy. I scream as I feel myself hitting the ground, my ears ringing painfully and my vision blurry, filling with black spots. I soon black out. 

I wake up in a hospital room with a groan, but I don’t hear anything. I’m glad I know sign language; a doctor comes in.

‘what happened?’ I sign. The doctor looks confused and his mouth moves. 

‘I have damage to my ears, I can’t hear.’ I sign. He looks more confused at the sign language. I sigh and mime pen and paper with my hands. He finally gets it and leaves to presumably find a pad and pen. He comes back with chalk, a dry-erase board and a piece of cloth, I smile and repeat the question on the board, adding that I can’t hear at the moment. The doctor nods, motioning for me to give him the board, I hand it over and he writes something down, handing it back to me. It says: ‘You were caught up in a train crash, it may have burst your eardrums. From what we know, your parents are in intensive care, a lot worse off than you.’ I start to hyperventilate. No. Just no. The doctor looks panicked, I don’t look at him as I curl into a little ball and start crying, still hyperventilating. The doctor’s mouth is opening wide, most likely for someone to calm me down. My parents can’t be gone! What about Lucy? Is she okay? When will my parents wake up? Will Lucy be okay? The questions race through my mind as I continue hyperventilating, nurses patting my back and rubbing my arm, it makes me feel worse. I feel the tears pour out harder; sobs racking through my body. Wait... They didn’t mention Lucy. Why didn’t they?

What about Lucy?!” I yell, I don’t hear it but the vibrations I feel in my throat show I hit the chords of a yell, and the right words. The doctor’s and nurse’s faces fall. I start crying harder, I feel the sobs racking through me. I feel a pinprick of pain in my arm, obviously they’re pulling out a drip of some kind. I continue to cry. My parents were so amazing... But why Lucy? She was so young! She didn’t get the chance to live life properly, only four years old... She only had a few friends, they adored her though. I cry harder at the thought, a nurse brings in food on a tray and I refuse to eat it. 

‘No, I won’t eat.’ I scribble down on the dry erase board, the nurse looks stricken. I just close my eyes and lay back down with a sigh. I miss them, but nothing will bring her back. I wish magic was real, I would bring Lucy back in an instant, even if it cost me my own life. She hadn’t had a chance to experience what life had to offer. I feel tears falling down my face and a hand on my arm, a soft hand, like Lucy’s. I feel vibrations in the air, she’s singing to me, but I can’t hear it. The vibrations I feel are hitting notes, all the notes to my favourite song, Bōsōzoku Symphonic. I hum along, knowing the vibrations by heart, due to learning that song off by heart. I feel my sisters stop singing and I open my eyes. I see her sitting in a wheelchair, I gasp and jump up to hug her. I see her mouth open and feel vibrations coming at random from her throat, she just burst out laughing, I laugh with her, even though I can’t hear it. Slowly I start to feel sad again, I start crying into her shoulder. She pats my back and starts humming again. This doesn’t feel real, I wonder if this is a dream?

I slowly wake up to find myself in the hospital bed, traces of a visit are clear, presents, flowers, a large matter of things. I slowly start opening the gifts, a New 3DS (The actual name of the 3DS), a fishing rod, a drawing pad, with a few drawings by Ronny, an old family friend. I hope he isn’t here with another heart attack. I also got about fifty games for my New 3DS. Pokemon, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, LoZ, Harvest Moon, Mario and Tomodachi Life are the series of games I got. Wow. How many people visited? there are even duplications of the newer Pokemon games, like X, Y, Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. I smile slightly, feeling a little less depressed, but I will never feel very comforted. I sigh and grab the new console and a game. Pokemon Omega Ruby. I start up and choose my little grass type baby, Ace, the Treeko. My smile starts up again as the whole intro starts. I eventually hit the second Gym, when a girl shows in my peripheral vision. I close the device and look at her. she’s familiar. No. She wouldn’t be visiting. She’s... Crying? Since when does my strongest friend, Bella, Cry? I open my arms slightly. She falls into them, I feel her sobbing against me. I tear up, I’m nowhere near as emotionally strong as her. Eventually the floodgates open and we cry onto each other’s shoulders. I close my eyes and I feel Bella’s grip loosen on me; her tears have stopped. She’s fallen asleep. I smile slightly and use one arm to pull her onto the bed. I curl up and slowly fade into the nothingness called sleep myself.