Forty-Eight || To The Surface

|| To The Surface

In the late morning hours the following day, it was strange to report than no more deaths had occurred on the path to Beacon Hills. No calls to the Sheriff's station about missing people, nor any bodies rolled into the morgue. Silence.

    Had Jacy's plan to hide in the frozen tundra of Canada worked?

     A plan of which no one had been informed of.

     And although Jordan had been called to a secret hideout of the Argent family where they could meet and plot in peace, he and his grandmother were the only ones other than the ghosts that knew where Jacy had gone.

     To everyone else, she had just disappeared.

     She was good at that.

     To Parrish's surprise, it seemed that the Argents hadn't called on him to talk about his sister, but instead about himself. With Sheriff Stilinski's blessing, he had taken the day off of work at the station and was spending his morning in a poorly lit room that smell faintly of lavender and another flower he couldn't quite pinpoint.

     With all of the teens secured at school, Parrish and the two Argents had the space to themselves.

     Jordan's entire life had been put on display, Chris and Gerard leafing through his every bit of his existence to get to the bottom of it all.

     "My clairvoyance was triggered in high school," Jordan explained "I died in a car crash and was brought back. After that, I went into the military. I worked with I.E.D.s in Afghanistan, where there were more ghosts than people on a good day."

     Gerard sighed from one of the many work benches, his arm folded across his chest. "And you came to Beacon Hills before your sister, correct?"

     Jordan nodded lightly. "About a month before. Jace and Mom ended up coming for another reason after I got here."

     "And what was yours?"

     The deputy paused, his eyes narrowing. "What?"

     "Why did you come here?" Gerard asked. "Why did you move to Beacon Hills?"

     He shrugged gently. "The station was hiring. I wanted a change of pace. Less snow. A lot of the guys I worked with overseas always talked California up."

     Gerard shook his head. "You were drawn here from the same thing that you set the first bodies on. It was Allison and her friends that triggered the Nemeton, which returned to it's state as literal beacon. It drew supernatural creatures from all over, whether they knew it or not. You took a job at a police station that has one of the worst death rates for cops, but there was a part of your brain that blocked that fact out so you could come here. That part of you wanted to be here."

     "But that was still because of my clairvoyance," Jordan countered, squinting as he tried to process the information. "I was clairvoyant until what, the end of the deadpool? I...I forgot everything about ghosts for a while."

     "Tell us more about that," Chris requested, his voice much kinder than his father's. "Allison was the one who found you, right? While she was still a spirit?"

     Jordan nodded hesitantly. "That's what she said. I don't remember that night at all. She said that she found me somewhere outside. My memory of the supernatural was wiped after that. Jacy and everyone else had to fill me in over time to trigger it all back. After my clairvoyance was removed, all I could feel was a warmth. I had no idea what I was, but I was fireproof. During the deadpool, one of the coworkers tried to burn me alive but it did nothing to me."