Dr Ood

I'm in complete darkness, I can't see, feel or hear anything. I am crippled by my agonsing fear of the darkness - not the dark entirely, but what lies in the dark. I hear slow footsteps approaching me before the lights flash open. I'm in a spaceship - surrounded by Ood's. Their eyes glowing an intensive Ruby red as they approach, going in for the kill.

My eyes flicker open to find my nightmare standing before my very eyes, three Ood's stand around me working on my arm. I ignore the searing pain and focus on screaming for dear life. Dr. Whan rushes in, ignoring me and sitting in front of the machine stealing my very thoughts. 

"Dr. Whan! Help me" I cry out, weeping as the intersetion whole in my arm is cleaned by an Ood. It takes me a moment to realise these Ood's don't have glimmering red eyes - their eyes are normal. And so are their moods. They must be hired by Dr. Whan..Alien's working in Torchwood, strange. Dr. Whan is watching me, studying my expression. He would have read of my dream on the thought machine, now analyzing my fear of the Ood's trying to disinfect my arm.

"Miss Tyler, why did the Ood's in your dream have red eyes?" Dr. Whan asks as he continues to scruitinise me.

"Well..You see me and The Doctor were on a spacestation that were landed on a planet circling a black hole. There were numerous Ood's working on the station..and well they became posessed by the beast, they had glowing red eyes and were murderous you see." The Ood's watch me as I speak, their stare makes me highly uncomfortable. Dr Whan asks the Ood to leave. He sits on a stool near my  bed.

"Rose, I'm going to keep you hooked to the thought machine for a few more days..So far your physch evaluations are coming back relatively average. Aside from your nightmares (which I must admit scare me to read) you're not crazy. Just a few more days in pain, I promise you."

Dr Whan leaves, I'm suddnely alone with my thoughts. I gaze at my arm. It's purple, from the eblow to wrist is swollen three times its average size. I can clearly see the metal rod, almost sticking out straight through my skin. The whole in which it is inserted constantly seeps with fresh blood and pus, requiring a bandage change every hour.

I drift in and out of slumber for 12 hours, awaking occasionaly as Dr. Whan or an Ood enters to change my bandages. One morning, two weeks after being arrested for coming in contact for aliens Miss O'Riley enters. She sits by my bed, smiling stiffly as she reaches out to hold my hand. I wince at her touch, the movement in my fingers causing pain to shoot up my arm. She takes a single glance at my arm before promptly vomiting on my bed sheets.

Wow thanks a lot bitch. She gasps, skittering backwards and flattening her body against the wall.

"What.Is.That?!" Miss O'Riley screeches, causing Dr. Whan to rush in. He begins nattering on about physcology evaluations and mind reading machines. I let my eyes slip shut, ignoring the argument. There's a sudden breeze fluttering through the room before a remotely familar voice screams out my name. Recognising the Scottish accent anywhere my eyes snap open in time to see Amy Pond take a step forward before vanishing. Miss O'Riley and Dr. Whan stare at the spot where Amy appeared and vanished in awe.

"See what I mean now?" I whisper. The two let their eyes flicker from me, back towards where Amy was.

"Rose..Is that-"

"Yes, that's her. That's Amy Pond." Miss O'Riley tears a walky talky from her pocket, bellowing into it about security checks and the energy field surrounding the building.

"It's impossible! No one can teleport to and from- No you listen to me - she just fucking appeared!" Dr. Whan suddenly removes the leather straps bonding me to the bed, removes the metal pole and quickly bandages up my arm. Miss O'Riley snaps her head towards us before turning her screaming abuse to Dr. Whan; "WHAT are you doing?" 

"What does it look like? She's not insane boss, that proves it. We both saw that girl dissapear - now she's got some evidence to tell."