The Rose Tyler Diaries

"So! Rose Tyler where do you want to go today?" The Doctor flashes me his playful grin, raising his eyebrows, poised to set the TARDIS into action.
"Hmm..How about..we go watch the first Olympics?" I grin back, laughing as the Doctor bounces with energy, pulling this lever, pushing that button. The TARDIS begins to shake as we whirl through time and space. We continue to shudder for the better half of a minute, before coming to a complete stop. The Doctor grabs my hand, gives me his superstar smile and says;
"Rose Tyler welcome to the Olympics" 

I open my eyes to find myself in a small room, with pale indigo walls and soft white carpets. The windows are splayed open to reveal stunning ocean views. From my bed I can clearly see strong waves pummeling the powdery sand. As beautiful as it is, I feel tears prick my eyes..It was only a dream. It was so real though! The Doctor, he was there..right in front of me.. I could feel him there. As if nothing had ever changed. Mum bursts into my room, yanking the covers off of my bed and egging at me to get up. I quickly wipe away my tears and pick myself up and out of bed. Her eyes rimmed with black make up catch mine. 
"Rose hurry, you've got to get ready for work! First day back after Christmas break - Are you crying?"
"Uh yeah, maybe I uh just a little bit emotional right now. Had a dream about The Doctor-"
"You've got to forget about him love, he's never coming back for you."

As Mum leaves my room, I get changed into a pair of faded jeans and a grey sweater. I take a bleak look at my reflection, pulling my hair up off my face. I decide to apply a coat of mascara, just enough to make it look as if I care about being presentable so  that Mum wont give me a hard time for not making a big enough effort on my appearance. Making my way through the short hallway into the kitchen I am greeted by my smiling family, Mum's feeding my baby sister - Emily, Dad's at the stove dishing up bacon. And there's Mickey. Sitting at the kitchen table grinning up at me, I smile back and sit across from him. I keep my eyes locked onto the table, tracing patterns with my finger. Since arriving in the parralel universe we've grown close again..But my hearts just not into it anymore. 

I eat in silence, the rest of my family are chattering and laughing, Mickey throws me a few worried looks, his dark face full of curiosity. I rinse off my plate, and slip it into the dishwasher. I kiss Mum and Emily goodbye on the cheek as I rush down the hall to get my bag. I feel someone behind me, turning I'm suddenly nose to nose with Mickey.
"You had another dream, didn't you Rose?" Mickey's voice is hushed, and full of concern. I nod, and direct my eyes to the ground to avoid eye contact. I know Mickey's eyes will be soft, scrutinising. Too often those loving eyes of his have pushed me over the edge. "Rose you've got to for-"
"No Mickey, I'm not just going to forget him. I can't. I lo-" I stop myself saying it, seeing Mickey wince.

"Go on Rose, say it. We all know you love him. More than you love me." I can't have this conversation right now, I'm too late for work. I duck into my room, grab my bag and rush out the door and towards the elavator, smiling at the strangers I pass in the hall. I should explain - we're not living in Dad's huge house. We're living in a tiny hotel room, hiding me away from the public eye. The elevator seems to take forever to reach the ground floor, when it's finally arrived I waste no time - jogging out of the builiding and hailing a taxi. Exterminate her! I hear an all too familar monotone voice behind me. I turn to discover my worst enemy - standing right before my eyes.