Chapter 12

'Hold me in the light of God. Protect me from danger. Save me by Your command. Listen to my prayer. And keep me safe.'

'Once they finish these, we'll go from there.' A passing security guard said to his buddy.
Jean observed them, while also managing to keep us hidden with her abilities.

After the guard passed, I dubbelchecked if they really went away and after I did, we all checked up on Kurt, who was doing something with the big metal door.

'What's taking so long?' Scott asked, clearly being impatient.
'Don't push him Scott.' I mumbled.
'I can't get in.' Kurt admitted 'they have a field around it, like the helicopter.'
Scott sighed. 'There's gotta be a way to cut the power.'

'There always is, there must be a controlling or electric room somewhere.' I said, as we went on a journey to find the electric room.

We slowly walked in the long hallway that lead to the door of the controlling room. Me in the front, the rest behind me. We heard some guards talking so hid behind a wall.

'Guys, that could be our way out of here.' Scott said.
'How are we going to get in?' Kurt asked

Before I could speak, I heard a voice inside my head.

Charles...

'Hear me inhabitants of this world.' He started talking.
'What is this?' Scott wondered

'This is a message.' He continued as he had heard Scott's question.

'It's Charles.' I answered, smirking, being glad to know that he was alive.

'A message to every man, woman, and mutant in the world. You have lost your way. But I have returned.'

Something didn't sound right to me, it sounded forced. Well of course, this was Thanos's doing.

'The day of reckoning is here. All your buildings.. all of your towers and temples... Will fall. And the dawn of a new age will rise. For there is nothing you can do to stop what is coming. This message is for one reason alone. To tell the strongest among you... Thise with the greatest power... Protect those without.' He ended as I felt the connection break.

It stayed silent for a few seconds, before Jean realized something. 'He just spoke to me.' She said.
'I think he spoke to everyone.' Scott responded
'I could hear him, too.' Kurt added.
I nodded, but curious about what Jean had to say.

'No, no... he just send me a hidden message. One he knew only I would hear. I know where they are.' She said
I smiled, being proud of her.

Then a guard appeared in the hallway. 'Hey!' He yelled, grabbing his gun and shooting at us.
Fortunately, Kurt was fast and teleported us away, to another hallway.

He slowly walked to the long hallways, heavily breathing as we finally came past a door, with a warning sign on it. Scott looked through the little window, so did we. We found ourselves looking at some machines, electrical machines.

'The generator. It's worth a shot.' He said, turning to Kurt.
'Kurt?' I asked to confirm that we was okay with it.

Kurt grunted, grabbed us by the shoulder and teleported us into the room.