Chapter 6

'Why am I so stupid? Why hadn't I notice that?'

Logan looked confusingly around. 'Professor?' He asked.

Charles laughed for a moment, while I exhaled deeply in relief.

'What happened to you?' He asked
'He was slipping in and out of his past-self.' I scoffed. 'Logan, Kitty isn't dead.' I said in amazement.

'Where's Raven?' Logan asked after some time.
Charles laughed softly. 'Gone.'
'What?'
'We have to get out of here.' Charles said as he ran through the door, me and Logan followed us lead as we ran out of the door, newsreporters everywhere outside the building. Logan and Charles put on their sunglasses as I put on my big coat, to hide my suit. (No idea how I got that coat, I just wore it when I woke up.)

——————————————————————

'Stop right here.' I commanded before Logan immediately stopped the car.

'Are you sure this is going to work?' He asked to confirm my idea.

'Yeah, yeah. Now wait here.' I said, being excited and nervous about the whole idea.

Charles sighed, Logan did so too.

I stepped out of the car and walked to the house. I rang the door bell, and soon enough the someone appeared. I turned around to maximize the surprise.

'Bonjour, puis-je vous aider?' The person asked.

I turned around and their eyes widened.

'See you soon.' I said, before touching the person's shoulder. My body burned like lava on skin. I screamed and fell down on my knees, so did the person on the other side of the door.

'Diana, you're alright in there?' Charles called out.

I couldn't hear him, I was too focused on how to minimize the pain. I looked down and saw my body turning into dust.

'Diana?' Charles called out again, he then saw my body literally turn into dust so he got out of the car and ran towards me. Old habits.

'Diana!' He said as he wanted to grab my arm, but it was already turn into dust.

Hank got out of the car too, while Logan calmly sat behind the wheel.

'What the-' Hank called out before the past-me now also fell down on the ground. Sooner or later, the ash began attach to the past-me and soon enough, I opened my eyes.

'Calm down, I'm okay.' I assured. As I stood up and wiped the dust of my past-clothes. Luckily, what I was wearing, was still lying on the ground.

'Wait here, I will be right back.' I said before picking up the clothes and going into the house.

I grabbed a bag, put my suit and all my stuff that I wanted to transfer to the mansion in the bag, called that I didn't want the house anymore. And left everything else behind, except for some food, I hadn't had food in a long time. I also grabbed some books, old books that 27 year old me would have thrown away but now 77 year old me would find it vintage and I would get a lot of money for that if I ever wanted to sell it.