I love you

He got up rubbing his back.. The couch was too small for him and it was quite early.. 

He pulled a chair sitting beside Hinata's bed.. She was pretty, Almost too pretty.. He thought staring at her face..

Sometimes he did think about her confession.. She confessed TWICE and both times getting hurt.. All the missed signals, the dumb remarks, and how he's ignored her feelings and completely misunderstood them, made him feel guilty

She was and has always been someone incredibly precious person to him... But the time he recognized her as someone beyond important was when she had jumped in during their fight with Pain. Seeing her willingly  risk her life for him made him uncomfortably protective.

The anger that overcame him when he saw Hinata's almost lifeless body , it forced him to awaken his 8-tailed kyuubi mode...He didn't want to hurt any of his friends again especially not Hinata.. The relief that washed over him when he found out that she lived 

Hinata was strong.. Maybe even more stronger than him...

 He remembered the time he cheered for her during the chuunin exams, against her fight with Neji. Her resolve and undying determination were much like his and that's what drove him to cheer for her

He winced at his sudden mention of Neji's name.. Still he had been revived but that didn't erase all the hurtful memories...It's been a few months since that day yet depressing thoughts still flowed in his brain as he remembered hugging a cold lifeless body. 

His will to move forward, all died away back then. But just when he was on the brink of surrender, a gentle hand slapped his cheek and it did hurt... He winced as he touched his cheek with a soft smile(Just needed to add some Naruto-ness here.. Felt like it was getting really intense)

Hinata's hand; it was so small ,warm, and comforting..

All of those memories were the many times that Hinata's words, her resolve, her smile was what saved Naruto. All of those memories, all of these fights, would've ended up completely different without Hinata in it... He might even be dead right now if she hadn't helped..He glanced at her again..

Your smile is what saved me and that's why I'm not afraid to die here if it means I can protect you

Because, I love you, Naruto-kun

..He felt a small smile pull at his lips..

There it was again, that warm feeling that exploded in his chest whenever he saw her.

I love you,

Hinata

--

Sorry for the short chapter.. I was brainstorming on how I could get Naruto to realize his feelings.. I think that Naruto always loved Hinata but just needed to realize it.. What do you guys think?