Chapter 4: Traveling

"Loki." Says Thor.

"Loki? What do you mean?" I ask him.

"Look around." I close my eyes nodding, "Ok, so what are we going to do?"

"We need to go to Earth. That is where Loki will go."

I sigh, "How will we get there?"

"With the BiFrost gone we will need to summon dark matter." I stare at him.

"Ember...." he sighs, "normally we would need father but I think we can do it..."

"Think?"

Thor sighs, "Sister, just do what I do."

(Reader it is very hard to discribe what happens next, but I will try)

Thor closed his eyes and a very concentrated look on his face. The next moment, well, I was blinded by a huge flash of light that turned my vision white and then, I felt as if i was adding my own power to the light my brother had created. I cannot describe it. I didn't join in by choice. It was as if my mind had made an executive decision to help my brother, and the rest of me was alright with it. I felt a warm sensation, ripping me apart and knitting me back together in the same instant. Then a hot burning sensation filled me. I lost all feeling for a moment and when I regain it, we made a warp hole filled with dark matter. Thor holds out his hand to me as we walk to the portal. I had not noticed it but I was trembling. I take his hand and close my eyes briefly when I reopen them we are a breaths distance from the portal. "Oh wow." I breath.

"Are you alright?"

"Its a bit of a shock to my system to be honest."

"Understandable. Are you ready?"

"Um, as ready as I'll ever be..." Thor's grip on my hand tightens slightly as he walks into the portal, taking my hand with him, then my arm then shoulder, pretty soon My body was almost entirely inside the portal. I bring my leg into the warp hole; and fall. I feel like Im falling through ice water, drowning but unable to die. Thor's hand was the only real thing left in the world and I clung to it. Just when I feel like I am about to suffocate, we hit hard cold earth. I lay sprawled on my front coughing and sputtering until oxygen had entered and left my lungs several times. I glance down and the ground, and see a Celtic Knot pattern below Thor and I, "Oh my gosh," I choke out, "was the BiFrost that bad?"

"No it wasn't. Dark matter travel is extremely different to BiFrost travel. Come on, we need to go." He offers his hand to help me up and I take it hoisting myself to my feet. We start walking until we come to the edge of a rise. I look down and see a bunch of houses, large tall buildings and a concrete road that has metal boxes riding around on it. "Come on, Ember."

"Where are we going?"

"To the one human that I trust above all others." At that he grabs my waist, spins his hammer, and flys off, but not without some considerable cursing from me.

Thor landed outside a nice looking house took a deep breath and knocked on the door.