Chapter 2: just a typical day

I sit down on my bed and go to work on my sword with a sharpening stone when I hear the creak of the door opening. I pick a knife out of my boot, flip it to where I'm holding the blade, and I hurl it at the door as it opens. "Loki!" I exclaim with a laugh tossing my long dark pony tail off of my shoulder. "When are you ever going to stop doing that?" Loki says my knife pinched between his thumb and forefinger a few inches from his nose. "When my aim gets good enough that I might actually be able to strike one of you." I answer with a laugh, "I still have yet to pay you and Thor back for ambushing me at The Abandoned City of the Vanir!"

"Ah, yes that would make since. But would you really try to kill your brothers?" he asks, I scoot over as Loki sits beside me.

"I.... We....," I sigh, I didn't have the answer, "I thought we were immortal, Loki, we could be wounded but could never die."

"Would you risk it? Would you risk killing Thor or myself?"

I open my mouth but nothing comes out for a few beats, "No." I say putting my head on Loki's shoulder and he puts his head on top of mine. We sit there like that for a few moments kind of like when I was a young girl and I followed around in my brothers' footsteps, always watching, a scarred small girl, but not anymore.

"Why are you sharpening that? It can never become dull or where down," he asks, indicating my sword.

"Didn't have anything better to do."

"Ambush Thor, read a book.... Have a bath, g-" Loki becomes cut off when I put my hand over his mouth.

"Are you trying to tell me something?"

"No." Says Loki a hint of sarcasm breaking through his unnerving calm. "Thanks big brother, love you too."

"Maybe it's best if I rephrase that." Loki says, making a valiant attempt not to laugh.

"No you read loud and clear goat boy."

"It's not a goat, it's a ram."

"Ram, goat, same difference." I say putting my hand in god-mode.

"No actually no-" I lunge at his head reaching above it where ,if he had been wearing it, I would've grasped one of the stupid horns. Which I did.

One thing that you may or may not know about us here on Asgard is, if you so choose, you can have two forms of yourself. One in armor, and one without or just without weapons. Loki like myself has this wile Thor doesn't.

I grab one of the horns and tumble over Loki "Hey!" He shouts, and I can see a slight smile on his face.

"Hay is for Bilge Snipe!" I shout over my shoulder as I take off running my long hair billowing out behind me like a chocolate banner.

"Excuse me."

"Pardon me."

"MOVE!!"

Were a few of the things I said wile running down the halls. I chance a glance behind me to see Loki chasing me, well nearly catching. "THIS TIME BROTHER I WILL SUCCEED!" I shout behind me, "I'VE GOT YOUR FOOLISH HAT!!!!"

"If she gets away with this I will never hear the end of it." I hear Loki say.

THUNK

I fall backwards and I look up into to face of my other brother, Thor. "Ember are you ok?"

"Just fine Thor," I look behind me to see Loki gaining ground.

Thor looks to Loki then to me and a smile spreads across his face, "I thoroughly despise that helmet."

"As do I brother." Thor begins to run along with me.

We run as fast as we can, Thor easily overtaking me. I leap over things, clutching the helmet tight against my chest. I manage to evade him for 10 minutes before Loki inevitably catches me with. "Curses," I hiss before going up in a spark and I was beside Thor, and we were running again. But where was Loki?

~

Alright so, when I said 'Here on Asgard if you so choose you can have two versions of yourself, one in armor one without armor or just without weapons' I want to clarify what I mean; I took that from Avengers when Loki looked like he was engulfed in this weird bronze-gold colored 'flame' and when his just plain clothes were replaced by his armor.