Chapter Fifteen

hey guys! during this week and the next I have mock exams so my uploads may be a bit slow so bare with me lol. I've written a slightly longer chapter though, hope you all Enjoy! And again, thanks for all the support you've been showing, really really helps :)

Chapter Fifteen

   It was December 20th and had officially been a month since Dane and I had started dating. I really liked him, I liked him a lot. We went out a lot, the park near his house seemed to be our usual hang out but sometimes we’d go out to eat or just go on ridiculously long, aimless walks together and it was great. The weather had finally become cold and that only meant that we were constantly wrapped in each other’s arms, in and out of school. It was obvious now, to everyone that Dane and I were dating. Some people said we were cute, a couple of girls came up to me and asked me about us but I didn’t tell them much, I wasn’t an open person like that and to be honest I was still a bit shy about the whole thing.

  Other people, like Serena just stared and passed comments which I knew were negative. I had heard more than one comment she had slyly passed to her stupid friend Abby whenever she saw Dane and I together. I knew she was angry at me, she liked Dane and I knew that. She was always trying to talk to him and commenting silly emoji’s on his Instagram photos, not to mention the way she always threw herself at Dane when I wasn’t around. I had always thought Serena was civil with me but now obviously not. Dane noticed too, and he told me all about it, he was honest and direct with me about it. He even asked me if I wanted him to stop talking to her but I just told him it was alright. I wasn’t that much worried about Serena, she could try doing whatever she wanted, Dane didn’t look at her like that, I knew that.

   What did worry me though was Aaliyah. Anytime Dane was around she’d stop talking or just act extremely sarcastic and rude towards him. I told her it made me uncomfortable, I told her that I’d really like it if she could at least try and  she told me that she didn’t like him and that I could do much better but then said that if I was happy she’d try. Of course, with Aaliyah being Aaliyah, it was hard for her and most of the time she was exactly the same. I thought it was Tre, like Shay had suggested but they made up and their relationship seemed to be better than ever.

   Dane tried hard, I saw him try but I could tell that his patience was running thin. For someone who was quite witty and sarcastic it was hard for him to bite his tongue when Aaliyah snarled at him on occasions. As the days went by his reactions to her hostility started to become more obvious and irritated. A comment that was once shrugged off with a small smile was now met by a tight straight line made by his lips and even though it went as quickly as it come a, scowl.  Now however, we were on Christmas break so Dane and Aaliyah weren’t seeing much of each other which was good.

Dane: It’s been a month Alexandria

   Read the text that Dane sent me in the morning. Grinning I typed back a reply.

Alexandria: I think this is the part where you say happy one month anniversary best girlfriend in the whole wide world.

Dane: I’m not good at being romantic like that and anyways why can’t you just say that I’m the most sexiest man hunk you’ve ever seen and wish me an happy anniversary? Surely you’re not waiting on me, the man the make the first move as a 21st century female?

Alexandria: Do not try and play that feminism card on me Dane I will give you a lecture you’ll never forget & don’t flatter yourself hunny you’re hardly a man :)

Dane: you are so ridiculously mean to me Alexandria, it really hurts my feelings :(  you obviously don’t love me

Alexandria: lol no I do