Chapter 1

Chapter 1

As soon as she woke up, Annalee felt something in her gut. She wasn't sure why but she had a feeling something important was going to happen today. Annalee's dad always said that the Caden's instincts were better than any fortune cookie or Psychic and so far, he was right. Oh well, as the day unfolded she was sure she would know what was going on. The feeling was pretty big so she knew she would realize. Hoping that it wouldn't be too bad, she got up to get ready for school. She grabbed a pair of dark jeans and a plain black tee and walked to her en suite to take a shower hoping to wash away some of the uneasy feeling.

When she got out, the feeling in Annalee's gut grew stronger. As she brushed her waistlength brown hair, the events of today shuffled around her mind. Ah! There was a Physics midterm today! She knew she should have studied more. Never being that great in science, Annalee scolded herself for not convincing Jake to come over and study with her.

Jake Hanley was her best friend and partner in crime. Their dad's worked together and so Jake had grown up with Annalee from early childhood nannies all through high school where they were now seniors together.

The small high school they attended wasn't really big on cliques or groups. As a matter of fact, they weren't big on anything with a student body of around five hundred, tops. Most of the more known students were over achievers and so they were also what most school's would classify as nerds. Stanley High was very serious about their academics so the athletes were the 4.0 students.

Annalee and Jake were middle class in their school. Everyone knew their names and face but they weren't the first thought of for Mr. and Mrs. Stanley High. Annalee was pretty with her straight, dark hair and pretty face but she didn't really like make-up or mornings so she didn't put any effort in her looks for school. She chose a modest wardrobe consisting of jeans and tees. Things she could throw on after a shower and running a brush through her hair. Jake was the same way, with his no fuss style, and usually just ran his hand through his short brown hair.

Annalee walked down her stairs to her front door and yelling out, "I'm leaving! Love ya! Bye!" 

She walked out to her car. The '96 red mustang was her baby. Her and Jake had spent all summer fixing it up. Her parents had promised to buy it for her 17th birthday with the compromise that she would put work into it. Their family wasn't poor, more like middle class, so they made Annalee and Jake earn everything that they recieved. 

Jake was already leaned up against the car, dressed in a black tee and jeans with strategically placed rips and tears. Even with the sunglasses covering his crystal blue eyes, he looked good. Annalee knew that if he wanted, he could be dangerous with those looks. Jake had a body to show how dedicated he was to football, not that many girls had seen it. Annalee wasn't even sure if she could remember Jake ever having a girlfriend. He seemed pretty picky when it came to girls.

"Hey loser. Bout time. You shouldn't have been stalking me and trying to match me. I was getting worried that we were gonna be late again," Jake teased Annalee, pulling on a strand of her hair.

"Geez Jake! Now I'm gonna have to go fix it!" Annalee pretended to whine and turn around while patting down her hair. Jake reached out and grabbed her hand giving it a quick tug. "Oh no you don't. Get in the car princess!"

Annalee turned around with a smile on her face, "You make it sound like I took an hour when I know damn well that you had been leaning on that car for MAYBE a minute. Now, if you're done whining PRINCESS, are you driving or me?"

Jake grabbed the keys and got in the driver side. Annalee laughed and got settled in the passenger seat. "Ooooh, a man taking control, I like it," she wiggled her eyebrows in a suggestive manner.