Chapter 11: The End

Chase POV
As Skye and I have won a cup, we are starting to get hungry.
We're heading to Mr. Porter's stand.

Mr. Porter: Chase and Skye! What do you want?

Me: Um ... what do you want Skye?

Skye: Strawberry ice cream.

Me: Umm ... 1 strawberry ice cream and 1 vanilla ice cream!

Mr. Porter: Okay. Sit on these chairs.

We sit on the chairs. Skye and I look at each other ... she is too beautiful ...
Mr. Porter returns with the ice creams and we start to eat them.
I notice Skye has been staring at my vanilla ice cream for a while now.

Skye: Um ... Chase? I would like to taste your ice cream ...

Me: Y-yes ... Of course!

I give her my ice cream and see her lick a good chunk of my ice cream. She gives it back to me.
I hesitate to eat again. She just licked .... and, that's weird. I decide to eat.

Skye: Chase? I'm not hungry anymore. Can you finish my strawberry ice cream?

Me: But .... I have already eaten. Give it to me, I'll give it to Rubble.

Skye gives me sad eyes.

Skye: Are you allergic to me? Do you refuse to eat something that I have eaten?

Me: N-no ... not at all!

She gives me her ice cream and I eat it. It tasted more like Skye's saliva than strawberries.

The party is over, and we all head back to the Lookout.
Inside, we rest on the beanbags. But I notice that Everest is snuggled up on Marshall.

Ryder: I'll give you time to talk. But afterwards, you will have to sleep. You will sleep inside the Lookout.

Skye: Marshall? Everest? Don't tell me that ....

Everest: Yes ... I learned that a Dalmatian loves me.

Me: Woah! Really Marshall? I knew you could do it!

Marshall: It was not difficult.

Everest: Liar! You turned all red and you were embarrassed!

Skye: Come on, I want to know everything! From the beginning to the end!

Everest: Do you want to say it Marshy?

Marshall: No, I prefer to listen to your melodious voice.

Everest: So a few hours ago Marshall and I were watching Ryder and Katie who were kissing...

Me: What!? But ... it's awesome!

Skye: Chase and I saw them dance.

Marshall: And Everest and I saw a Cockapoo and a German Shepherd dancing.

I blush strongly.

Everest: Anyway, then Marshall asked me this stupid question ...

Marshall: Stupid?

Everest: Okay ... Smart question, if I love someone. "Maybe" I answered him. And then he told me the longest sentence I have ever heard!

Skye: What was it?

Marshall: It was "I love you Everest."

Skye: How long did it take?

Everest: Between 7 and 10 minutes.

Me: Wow! I can finally ship you as much as I want!

Marshall: It doesn't work now, Chase. But for you and the cockapoo, it works.

Skye: Which cockapoo!!!?

Everest: He means .... you and Chase.

I see Skye all red hiding her face with her paws.
Marshall yawns and hugs Everest.

Marshall: Good night Skase! I feel sleepy....

Everest: Yes ... me too. Good night Skase.

Me / Skye: Good nig...

We look at each other because we just said the same thing at the same time.
After a few moments, Marshall and Everest fall asleep. Skye comes over to sit next to me and snuggles up on me.

Skye: Hi Chase.

Me: H-hi ...

Skye: I have something to tell you. You've been my crush for some time. I dream of you, I think of you, and I admire you. Today I learned that I have to be confident in myself and tell the whole truth. Because if I wouldn't say anything, we'd probably never be together. I love you Chase, and I have a question, do you love me the way I love you?

Cool dream. This is my 13th same dream.
Skye looks at me in my eyes.

Me: Sorry Skye from my dream, my dream doesn't end.

Skye: What are you talking about? It is reality!

Me: Wait ...

Skye: Mr. Chase, answer my question! Right now!

Me: I love you, I love you, I love you Skye !! This dream still does not end.

Skye interrupts me, kissing my lips. I feel her tongue touch mine. I feel the same as when I tasted the strawberry ice cream of Skye.

Skye: You're my boyfriend now. Good night Mr. Chase!

Me: G-good night Mrs. Skye.

It’s the next day. And Ryder wakes us up. He takes us all outside to show us that Father Christmas has left gifts for all of us at the foot of the christmas tree.
Rubble runs to the presents and howls with excitement.

"This gift from Santa Claus is nothing to me. My gift is this beating heart." Skye said, touching my chest.

Me: I love you Skye ...

Skye: Me too Chase ...

Me: You were really brave to tell me your feelings.

Skye: If I wouldn't, would you?

Me: I don't think so. I was too shy.

We giggle by giving us a hug. Behind the Lookout, I can see Ryder and Katie doing the same. Ah! Rytie finally!

Skye: A Love Christmas.

Me: You're right Skye ..... you're right.