Chapter 8: Jealousies

"Ruff! Pliers!"

Rocky was using his pliers to decorate the town hall table.
Skye, who was using her wings, helps Rocky by smiling at him everytime, which makes Rocky blush red. But since his skin is quite dark, no one noticed it.

"She's smiling all the time anyway," Rocky thinks.

Rubble, who helps Chase, is already in his thoughts.

Chase: Rubble?

No answer.

Chase: Rubble !!

No answer.

Chase: Ruff! Megaphone! RUBBLE !!!

Rubble: Yeah yeah what sweetheart?

Chase raises an eyebrow

Rubble: Oh but that's my friend Chase!

Chase: Were you thinking about your crush?

Rubble looks around, walks over to Chase, and whispers to him.

Rubble: Crushes you mean. I loved Skye when I joined, she even snuggled me, but it's sure she doesn't love me. I loved Everest, but I noticed that she is too old for me. I loved ... * glups * Sweetie, but she doesn't love me. So, I imagine someone that I love and that she loves me too. Her name is Rubby.

Rubble introduces his imaginary pup to Chase.

Rubble: Chase this is Rubby, my girlfriend. And Rubby, this is Chase, the 2nd leader and future boyfriend of Skye.

Chase: Rubble !!

Rubble: Hehe sorry.

Chase: Don't waste my time making me talk to your girlfriend, she doesn't exist. Help me put this away!

Chase's words slightly hurt the English buldog.

Rubble: Right away Chase....

Tracker helps Everest to paint the town hall in a blue and white color.
Marshall, next to them, watches them from his ladder.

Zuma: Mawshall !! Watch what you do!

Marshall paints his paw instead of the ceiling.

Marshall: Oops!

Chase with his megaphone: Pups !! Ryder Sir calls us to eat !!

The pups howl and run excitedly to the plates of meatballs.

Rubble: 2 plates for me !! One for me, and one for my girlfriend.

Rocky POV
I take my plate and put it on the table. I sit. I open my mouth to eat the meatball, but I notice someone sitting next to me.

Me: Skye?

Why is she following me and smiling at me everywhere? She loves me? I love you too!

Skye: Yeah, it's me. Can I sit next to you?

Rocky: O-of course!

Skye smiles at me again. Her smile is unique. Her smile is legendary. Her smile ...  anyway, the food is going to get cold, I have to eat.
I start to eat, and Skye does the same. Even while eating, she smiles at me. It's creepy now. Is she ever going to stop smiling at me, or what?
Maybe I should tell her about my secret.

Me: Skye? Can I talk to you? In private?

She accepts.

Marshall POV
Chase is red with anger.

Me: Is it Rocky?

Chase: Don't talk to me about him !!!

Chase POV
Marshall is red with anger.

Me: Is it Tracker?

Marshall: Don't talk to me about him !!!

Tracker and Everest eat together.

Rocky POV

Me: Skye ... I love you. And I have always loved you. You are beautiful, active, smiling and you are my everything. I know you don't feel the same as me.

Skye: You're right. I love Ch .... I love someone! And I'm sorry, but I reject you. Shall we continue to eat?

She tells me that with her creepy smile.