Chapter 6

It's raining grapes
HRH Princess Katherine's POV
swish'
'Cling-clang-whoosh'
'tiing----TING'

The sounds of swords clashing filled the arena. I was fighting against Destin, the ultimate idiot.

He drew his arm back and delivered a forceful blow which I met easily with my sword. The moment our swords met, sparks erupted from the metal.

'CLANG!!'

The crowd roared and cheered well... Me. When Destin pulled back his sword, I beamed at the crowd. I don't know how the whole town knew about our match, but I decided to point my accusatory finger at Destin. Imbecile!

It had all started in the morn.

***

Uhh! What is that noise at this ungodly hour!! I woke up in the midst of the night by terrible screeching sound coming from my window pane. I had goose bumps all over my hands and neck at that extremely annoying strident sound. How did a cat get this high?

I got up, don a robe over my nightgown. The soft white moonlight coming through the painted glass cast a ghastly shadow of the person responsible for this. Irritated I opened it....lo and behold!! There stood Destin playing with a nail in his hand. He gave me a smug grin.

I fumed visibly. Just as I was about to shout some profanities he cut me off.

'' Happy birthday kitty!!'' he said in his manly voice. Well that I didn't expect. I stood there with my mouth hanging open.

'' A wasp just entered and made a nest there.'' he said pointing at my open mouth.

I closed it quickly and retorted back, '' Its my secret weapon, I use it to sting people like you! '' He stood there with a goofy grin, totally unaffected. '' What are you doing here at this hour?!'' I asked annoyed.

'' What no thank you?'' he faked hurt. I raised my brows and gave my 'if-you-don't-come-to-the-point-I-will-dig-a-hole-and-bury-you-happily' look.

He straightened up and said, '' I came to wish you your birthday!!''

'' And it couldn't wait?'' I asked in a strange voice as my question was muddled with a yawn. It sounded like a cow mooing.

He seemed to be having a hard time keeping a straight face. A smile slipped his lips and danced around turning itself into a guffaw. I couldn't help myself and joined him. I sounded pretty weird even to my ears. He broke free first and said, '' I have a surprise for you.''

I stopped my hysterical laughing and asked, '' What?!!'' I was genuinely surprised.

'' A sur-puh-rise!'' he enunciated as if he was explaining to a mentally impaired child.

I came to my rescue, '' I know what a surprise is imbecile I asked what this surprise is!''

'' Lets see if you can keep up!'' he breathed and climbed down a rope.

I followed him down. He was staring down at me. '' What?''

'' You didn't change?'' he asked. I looked down at my attire and back at him then shrugged. I wore a nightgown but it was covered by a robe.

'' We have to ride a horse.'' he stated crossing his arms and smirked. Now he had my attention.

So after fifteen minutes of verbal battle, we were riding a horse together with me sitting sideways and clutching him for my dear life. He took me to a cliff overlooking a river.

We sat down at the edge with our feet dangling. The view was amazing. The moonlight made river glitter like flowing silver. The night had an exotic aroma of flowers. He had brought a little chocolate cake and candle with him. Well I am impressed.