Chapter 67

Everything was pitch black except for the street lights and the lights around the house. My jaw was clenched tight and my hands were balled into fists.

Antonio was close, I could feel it.

" What's going on? Why aren't we going in?" I asked as the silence was slowly killing me. " The Gonzalos family has thousands of guards around the house, as well as inside," a man informed me. " So, what the hell are we going to do now?" I said, leaning back into my seat. " You're wearing that ear piece?" The man asked. I nodded, " yeah." The man nodded, " while you're finding Antonio, we're going to go after Mr. Gonzalos," the man said. " After what he did to Antonio, his family and gang are both now considered weak and unpowered." " Okay, do you know where Antonio would be?" I asked. " In one of the cells below the rest of the house," the man informed me. I looked at the tall, ghosted house. " It looks so dark and empty," I said. " It always does, but trust me, it's not," the man informed me. " The second you walk onto their territory, all hell breaks loose." " Great," I sighed. The man chuckled, " but we've got a plan."

About thirty minutes later, I was ready for action. We had an entire plan planned out, and for some reason I wasn't scared for what was about to happen. Antonio was In danger, and I wanted him back. No matter what he did to me before, I wanted him back with me, in my life. " You ready?" The man asked. I nodded my head, my nerves began to bounce around inside me. I got out of the car, quietly, and walked around to the trunk of the car. Opening it, about twenty men crawled out. " Comfortable?" I jokingly whispered. One man smiled, " never been better." One man jumped out and handed me a gun, " here." I took the gun before looking at the guy, the guy nodded. " Trust me, you're going to want that in your possession." I smiled, " okay."

A flickering light near the bushes alerted us that step one of our plan was complete. If anyone walked onto the grass, the alarm system wouldn't go off. " Ready?" A man asked leaning up to me. " Yeah," I sighed. Sliding the gun into my back pocket, I followed the other several men dressed in black to the front door of the house.

The leader of the group slowly turned the door knob. Extremely surprised, the door opened. The guy held up a hand as he held a gun in the other, signaling us to be ready for any sudden action. " Have you ever killed someone?" A guy next to me whispered. " Yeah," I whispered back into. " Once, and it was an accident." The guy smiled, " have fun." I held back a nervous smile, " thank you." We made our way into the dark, empty house. Every one was on high alert, my eyes were calm but fully aware of anything that would happen. " Clear," the leader of the group whispered. We continued walking into the house, the only thing on my mind was finding Antonio and getting him out of the house. " Thalia, you know what to do," the leader of the group said. I nodded, as everyone turned right and kept walking, I turned left and made my way down to the cellars.

                                - - -
Everything was cold, dark, eerie, and empty. I felt like I was walking through an abandoned house, not knowing where the hell I was. The pictures hanging on the wall watched me as I walked down the hall. I was ready to pull my gun out at any moment, my eyes were aware of any sound coming from any direction around me as I walked down the stairs. A cold shiver slipped down my spine. The lights were dim, on the verge of flickering off. The AC hummed, but sounded more on the broken side. For a family who had tons of money, who thought their AC would suck this badly. I turned a corner, my eyes observing everything. I walked into one cellar, it was a dark and smelt of mildew. " Antonio?" I whisper called out. Goosebumps erupted all over my body, my heart thumped in my chest. Slowly walking further into the dark cell, I kept one hand on the gun in my pocket. " Antonio?" I whisper called a little louder. " Where are you?" I thought.

Right as I took another steps forward, the sound of the door closing behind me caused my soul to vanish from my body. I slowly turned around, my hand ready to pull the gun out of my pocket and shoot. " Whose there?" I called out. The sound of heels walking towards me caused me to take several steps back into the dark, damp cell. " You're a brave woman Thalia, I'll give you that," a young woman's voice said. For a second, I was confused, but then I remembered that voice. My hand immediately dropped to my side as the anger and pure hatred rose within me. " Where the hell is he Evelina?" Dim lights turned on in the cell, giving me a clear presentation on Evelina. " Antonio was right, you are absolutely gorgeous," Evelina said. I glared at her, " where's Antonio?" Evelina smiled, " how about we talk about us, huh?" I eyed the door behind her before looking back at Evelina. " You're the youngest, right?" Evelina asked me. " Does your family treat you right?" " Cut the small talk Evelina," I said. " Where the hell is Antonio." Evelina chuckled, " stubborn yet brave, and beautiful." She took a step forward, making me to take three steps back. Evelina paused, " come on, woman to woman, let's talk." " I'm not fucking talking to you I spat out. " You drugged Antonio and kidnapped him, you're fucking psychotic." Evelina sighed, " Antonio came over to my hotel during those two weeks." I shook my head, " I know, why are you telling me this." " We had a few drinks, but then Antonio had more because he was stressed out over work." I stared at Evelina, confused on why she was stating the obvious. " The next thing I knew, Antonio and I were in bed," Evelina said before she paused. " And I know as smart as you are, you can figure out the rest of the story." I clenched my jaw, " where the hell is he?" Evelina smiled, " while he was, let's say pleasing me, I knew that he wasn't doing it because he loved me. The only reason why he wouldn't stop was because he imagined me as you."

My heart slightly dropped, my eyes began to water but I forced them not to. " Thalia, Antonia is madly in love with you. He imagined you as me while we were together, the whole time." A smile threatened to break at my lips, but I forced it back. " I hated how he viewed me as you, I wanted him to see me as me. But everyday, he only saw you, and I hated him for it." I sighed, finaly knowing that Antonio never gave up on me, on us. " I tried so fucking hard for him to get you out of his his damn head," Evelina spat out. " But day after day, in his sleep he would talk about you and only you."

Antonio sleep talked about me?

Thalia don't fucking cry

" And why wouldn't he want you?" Evelina asked in pure disgust. " You're perfect, you're brave, your absolutely beautiful. You don't let anyone's opinions get to you, you're honest and loving and I fucking hate you for it." I shook my head, " Evelina I am far from perfect." Evelina scoffed, " Young Ms. Thalia Galonos, far from perfect?" I cringed hearing Evelina call me perfect, I wasn't and I never would  be. " Seeing you last night all glammed up pissed me off," Evelina said folding her arms. " You knew what Antonio and I did, more what I did to him. And yet, there you sat in front of us last night not giving two shits." I stared at Evelina, " why did that bother you?" " Because I slept with the man you're about to marry!" Evelina yelled. Tears filled her eyes, " I fucked him, I slept with him and touched him!" I shook my head, " why can't you just hate me and be mad at me!" Evelina yelled. " Because I forgave you," I said calmly. " Antonio was drunk, and you took advantage of that. Sooner or later I'm going to have to forgive you, and I did." Evelina was behind furious, the veins in her forehead bulged slightly. " WHY CAN'T YOU ACT LIKE A BITCH AND HATE ME!" Evelina roared. " I TOOK ANTONIO FROM YOU AND I SAW THE PAIN AND ANGER IN YOUR EYES WHEN YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT US!" I stared at Evelina, I was calm. " Why are you being so god damn nice?" She spat out. " Because I am over being angry and sad, it's exhausting," I explained. " I forgave you for doing the things you did to Antonio, and I'm sorry that you think that I hate you because I don't."

The second I finished my sentence, Evelina yelled and began running towards me. Bracing myself and remembering my training with Emiliano and my brothers, I was preparing myself for what was about to happen.

Evelina swung her arm at me, but I was faster. Grabbing Evelina's arm, I bent it back, spun around, and pushed her away. She groaned as she fell onto the floor, but she was quick to get back onto her feet. " Please, where's Antonio?" I asked. " I don't want to fight you, just tell or show me where he is." Evelina ran towards me, I remembered another trick Emiliano taught me. Evelina attempted to jab me in the stomach with her foot, but I grabbed it, and bend it backwards. A loud yelp emitted from Evelina's mouth. Without hesitation, I pushed her leg down, causing Evelina to face plant down onto the cold cellar ground. I spun around, but didn't expect Evelina's leg to swing into mine, knowing me down.

My head smacked onto the ground, I winced slightly. Getting on top of me, Evelina pinned my arms onto the ground. " I HATE YOU!" Evelina yelled. " I WANTED ANTONIO AND HE PICKED YOU!" Evelina pulled her arm up, getting ready to punch me in the face. I then immediately remembered what I did to Adriano that day when he fought in the ring. Summoning up the muscle strength in my leg, I pulled up my legs and wrapped them around Evelina's neck. Squeezing as hard as I could, I watched as the blood slowly drained out of Evelina's face. I then yanked my legs down, smacking the back of Evelina's head against the ground. With my arms free, I sprung up and flipped Evelina over so that her face dug into the dirty, cold cell floor. I grabbed Evelina's arm and bent it forward, Evelina yelled out in pain. " Don't ever take the man I love away from me or I swear to fucking god I will kill you," I said sternly. Evelina fought to get free from me, but I continued pushing her arm further more. Instantly remembering Antonio, I let go of Evelina and stood up. Evelina winced at the pain in her arm. I stepped back and glared down at her pain filled body. " I'll kill you," Evelina spat out. " You and Antonio!" Without hesitation, I kicked Evelina right in the face. He head dropped to the side, her knocked out figure lay below me. My chest heaved up and down as I regained myself. Knowing how much little time I had until the whole house found out we were here, I turned and ran out of the cell.