Chapter 48

I smiled as Antonio and I got out of the car, something about the work meeting felt different than the others. There were way more people, decorations, cameras flashing, and the smell of mouthwatering food lingered around me. Antonio wrapped an around my waist and rested it on my hip. " There's more people tonight who don't know you're with me," Antonio whispered into my ear. My nerves for someone reason were bouncing around inside me. " Okay," I said. We walked up to a man in a white and black suit, a camera was in his hand. " Mr. Brambilla, how are you tonight?" The man asked. " I'm great, and you?" Antonio asked. The man nodded, " I'm doing well, and you miss?" The man looked at me. " I'm doing fine," I said calmly. A thick knot was forming in my throat, I swallowed as eyes lingered on me. Antonio pulled me closer to him, knowing I was nervous about being around thousands of people. " Good for me!" The man exclaimed happily. " Smile!" Antonio and I both smiled as the camera flashed, taking a picture of us. " You two look absolutely stunning," the man said. Antonio nodded, " have a wonderful evening," the man said.

We walked up the stairs, following other people. Bright lights surrounded us, loud chattering and music echoed off everything. " What is the point of tonight?" I asked Antonio. Antonio held back a smile, " It's a, claiming something of the sort." I stared at Antonio, " what do you mean?" We walked into the huge building, more of a castle, and was welcomed by brighter lights, decorations seen in masquerades, men and women in expensive dresses and suits. " Antonio what's going on?" I asked as we walked down a hall. Antonio smiled, " I'm not going to spoil anything." I looked at Antonio before looking behind him as more people followed us. I turned back around as we walked up to the main door. Two men in black suits waited a few seconds before opening the door. I softly gasped at the jaw dropping chaos. Antonio looked at me and smiled, the ball room was filed with dazzling decorations, stunning men and women, beautiful gowns and suits, and beautiful colors of the sorts.

We walked into the room, tons of people said hi to Antonio, I felt invisible as I stood beside him.

Am I surprised that no one even much as glanced towards me?
No.

" Ah, you must be the beautiful Ms. Galonos," a man in a black tuxedo said. I awkwardly smiled, " hi." The man chuckled, " Antonio you didn't tell me she was this stunning." Antonio grinned, " I kept her to myself for a reason." I bit my lip as eyes looked at me, my chest began to feel heavier. " This man treating you right?" The man asked. " Better than ever," I said. The man nodded, " you got a lucky one Tony." The man talked to Antonio for a few more minutes before leaving and meeting up with other couples.

Antonio looked at me, " there are so many people here," I said. Antonio eyed people around us before looking back at me, " we're in this together, right?" I looked around, " right." Antonio grinned, " trust me, you'll do fine." I shakily sighed as we continued walking around the ball room. Mrs. Brambilla saw us and walked up to us with a smile on her face. " Thalia I've missed you so much!" I smiled as Mrs. Brambilla pulled me into a hug.

Mrs. Brambilla was the only person besides Antonio who made me feel welcomed into the Brambilla family. She was almost like a second mother.

" Oh my god, you look gorgeous," Mrs. Brambilla said, taking in my attire. I smiled, " thank you." Mrs. Brambilla looked at Antonio, " and you, look handsome in your all black suit." I could hear the slight sarcasm in her tone, I held back a smile as Antonio shook his head and pulled his mom into a hug. " How are the two of you?" Mrs. Brambilla asked taking a step back. " We're actually thinking about splitting up," Antonio teased. Mrs. Brambilla shot Antonio a stern look, causing me to break out into a smile. Mrs. Brambilla looked at me, " is he always like this?" I chuckled and sighed, "worse." Antonio shook his head at his mom and I's small conversation.

"Well," Mrs. Brambilla said clapping her hands together. " I'm so happy that the two of you are here." I looked at Antonio, who was looking around for someone. " Who are you looking for?" I asked. Antonio looked at me, " just, someone from work." " Do I know them?" I asked, wanting to help. " Uh, no," Antonio said. Mrs. Brambilla looked at me, " let's leave Antonio to all the boring stuff, us girls can go sit and talk." A small smile appeared onto my face, I looked at Antonio who just nodded. I turned and followed Mrs. Brambilla to a table in the middle of the room, I looked back but Antonio was gone.

Sorry this chapter was short, I wanna get more of Antonio's POV's in so that we can see from his perspective.