Chapter 5 Even Sunny Days...

*NEW CHAPTER EVERYDAY UNTIL COMPLETION! SO COME AND READ THE STORY THAT UNFOLDS. THERE'S DRAMA, MYSTERY, ACTION, TEENS, LOVE, BETRAYAL, FRIENDSHIP AND A POSSIBLE ******

(READ TO FIND OUT)   (((SHARE THIS STORY WITH OTHER WATTPAD USERS)))  

Chapter 5 Even Sunny Days...  

            I'm feeling great walking into school this morning. I don't know why but I cannot stop smiling. That may be because my father never came home last night or this morning. Then again, it probably is because I feel good that I did something for Alexion. For as long as I can remember he's been a target and I never help him, even though I sometimes see him being bullied. I witness other people attempting to help but it always backfires because the bully then targets the helper too. I've never been afraid of that, helping him, I simply did not want to be involved. But seeing him that day in the bathroom, at his lowest, with no one being there to help him or witness the abuse he’s receiving, reminds me of me.

            Every time my father hit me, threw something at me, push me, flung me across the room, I saw that in Alexion that day; but not any more. I wish someone was there for me, but no such person existed. I'm not saying I'm going to be Alexion’s bodyguard or even his best friend, but at least I can help me be free.

            It didn't take long, but I started to have this feeling flush over me that people are watching me. That unpleasent feeling a person gets right after a sudden chill runs up their back. I turn around from my locker and across from me are two girls whispering pretty loud by not loud enough for me to hear exactly the words their saying. They turn their heads as soon as we made eye contact.

            And they are not the only ones. I notice other kids looking at me as they walk by. I try to ignore it but I am curious as to what are they looking at or maybe I'm paranoid. That's when as I'm walking away from my locker I see three guys walking in my direction.

            One puts his hand up to give me a high-five and says, "Holy shit man, you got balls."

I didn't give him a high-five.

"That's how it is. Alright, you think you big and bad now, huh."

I have no clue what he is referring too. Another one of the three guys opens up his mouth and utters as the three pass me, "Dead man walking."

The third one simply laughs along with the other two.

            I stand there puzzle for a few seconds, raise an eyebrow then keep walking to homeroom. That's when Tylin came rushing down the hallway. He looks like a tall and skinny animated stick with long curly hair, flailing his arms as if danger looms after him. He shouts my name as and catches me in the nick of time before I enter the classroom.

            He looks at me and simply smiles. He doesn't say anything. He covers is smile with one fist as if he is expressing disbelief. I say nothing as well and wait for him to speak.

            "Is it true? Is it true, Chris? I know you are a big guy but damn. You are more hardcore than I thought. I'm so glad I became friends with you."

            "What are you talking about?" I ask.

            "What? Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about? Everybody's talking about it."

            I stand there still lost with a confuse look pasted across my face. "I do not have a clue what's going on right now."

            "Jeez dude. Do you live under a rock? I'm talking about you threatening to beat the living daylight out of Marc and Anthony."