checkered vans and a broken vase

007

quite miss home - james arthur

***

two months from the day they met*

"god my mom and dad are gunna be home tomorrow." finn paced around his room, drew on his bed, criss cross, listening to his blabbering.

"babe-" she began.

"i just-" he strongly sighed.
"i don't even know how to do this."

"finn,"

"how does one tell their parents they're an addict? i mean, what if they get upset, or kick me out, or or-" he ran his fingers through his hair, his feet trampling across the wooden floor of his bedroom.

"finn!" she said loudly, catching his attention.
"it's gunna be okay,"

"how do you know?" he snapped.

his comment brought shock to her. she calmly looked down, the smallest bit upset.

finn noticed after a second of looking at her with concern as she became silent.
"oh- baby i'm sorry," he stepped closer to the bed, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"no, it's fine. i don't know, you're right." she looked back up to see him just a few inches from her face.
she shook her head slightly, shaking off the feelings.

"i didn't mean-" finn started, letting his hand fall away from her as he stood up straight, backing up from her.

"because i don't have parents anymore? no i get it finn." she crawled off of the bed, standing, placing her hands at her hips.

"drew you KNOW that was not what i was directing."

"you think because my mom is dead and i cant the around my dad, i don't know what having them is like," her voice slightly broke.
"my mom died three weeks ago finn, and you were sitting right next to me when it happened!"

"I KNOW. you think i wanted to watch you watch her die? no. because i knew you loved her, and watching you become an absolute wreck afterwards, was so fucking hard." finn said, trying to stay as far away as he could from an argument.

"you cannot just expect the worst in your parents finn." drew said, calming herself down.
"AND YOU CANT KEEP ASSUMING I DON'T KNOW WHAT LOSING PEOPLE IS LIKE."

"i know, i just. i'm sorry."

"my brother didn't kill himself, finn. jesus, he-" she hesitated the truth.
"he had cancer like my mom, so did my dad, but he got over it, okay."