Chapter 07

Elois ran up to Rafael with stars in his eyes. His eyes were glimmering in child-like joy. It made Rafael look at him in surprise and in slight fear.

Elois squealed, doing a little tap dance before scooping the little munchkin from the guard's arms. "I can stare at you for hours and never get bored!"

Isabella giggled and grabbed his nose happily, making spit bubbles. Elois beamed.

"I'll have you know, sister mine, that you're adorable and nobody can reach your level of  adorableness!" He then hugged her tightly,  crying. "Why are you so small, you small, small bean? Isn't she adorable, Raf? Isn't she the muse of cuteness? The end of humankind? The destruction of the universe?Such adorableness!"

Rafael looked at Elois in slight horror. The nickname that rolled off of Elois' tongue sounded wrong and displeasing. "Please don't call me that."

He then paused, looking at Isabella's adorable chubby cheeks and her shining doe eyes and he hummed in agreement, looking oddly happy. "Yes, adorable indeed."

Elois grinned and raised the baby up in the air, causing Isabella to screech in joy while Rafael anxiously stayed close to Elois, in case the boy drops the baby bean.

He must protect the bean. He must protect the small bean! He most definitely needs to protect little bean!

"Look at you, miss president! Look at you. Who's the adorable bwaby? Who's the bwaby? You are! Yes, you are. You're the adorable bwaby!" Elois cooed happily as he walked while he held Isabella up. Isabella sure loves heights because she was just laughing jovially, enjoying how she was looking down on Elois and Rafael.

Rafael considered a thought, a buried, forgotten thought, that Elois was a man-baby.

Rafael just doesn't know how he could have come up with that  idea but maybe Elois doing spit bubbles with Isabella gave it away.

Maybe it was the way Elois danced like he was a dancing clown while he walked forward. Maybe it was the way Elois was chanting some sort of incoherent mantra that could pretty much be a summoning chant for a demon.

Who knows why Rafael came up with such a horrid idea!

Well, Isabella seemed to be enjoying her brother's silliness. She was smiling brightly at her brother while having a very serious conversation with him. Elois didn't seem to mind since he babbled away as well.

Rafael sighed, shaking his head. He's getting worked up for nothing. Out of everyone, he believes that it's only Elois that he truly trusts. Maybe it was because of how easy it was to approach the boy, maybe it was because of his friendly, sincere attitude, maybe it was because of how gentle and energetic he greets Isabella. Whatever it was, Rafael seemed less nervous around the young man compared to the others.

Well, as long as Isabella's happy then he's happy—

He's not happy. He had never been this unhappy in his entire life. He had never experienced such unhappiness.

He will never trust Elois with Isabella. Never again. Whatever trust he had of Elois can go pack its bags and run for the hills and never come back because Rafael will kill it with his bare hands. He will drown it and he will bury the trust.

How did Rafael praise Elois inside his head when the man was a man-baby?

Rafael just took his eyes for one second off of Elois and Isabella, for one damn second, and when that second finished, all he could hear were series of loud thuds.

And when he looked back to where Elois and Isabella were supposed to be, which was by his side, they were gone.

They were gone because, apparently, they fucking went down.