ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5: ᴡ ɪ ꜱ ᴇ ᴡ ᴏ ʀ ᴅ ꜱ-

~|~

~|~

𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚕
(𝚟.) 𝚜𝚎𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎

~|~

____

3rd Person POV

____

Everyone looked at Diona with amazement and aww. 

"How?! He's always been mute. He doesn't talk. Not even from birth." Esme asked baffled.

"Listen to the silence, it has so much to say. Silence isn't empty, it's full of answers." No one talked so Diona continued..."A fool is known by his speech and a wise man by silence." Diona finished.

Mason looked at Diona in amazement before saying "You're pretty sister." Diona answered, "Thank you, Mason, you're very handsome yourself." Diona said bopping his nose.

"Um...could someone show me where I'll be staying," Diona said awkwardly.

"Leave your stuff, the maids will get it. Come sit." David said to his daughter still in a daze.

Diona moved to sit but Mason stopped and asked if he could sit on her lap. She agreed. 

"You're hot!" Aiden said staring at Diona making Caden and his mom slap the back of his head and the Reins glare at him.

"Yeah, initially I thought that's the reason I sweat a lot but turns out it's just the damned anxiety," Diona replied trying not to laugh by biting her lips.

"That is not what I meant," Aiden said, a tint of red on his cheeks.

"I know. I'd rather be called beautiful, pretty, gorgeous, or ugly and we both know I'm anything but that. Calling someone hot feels sexualizing. No one likes to be sexualized. Man or woman." Diona said with an amused smirk staring at his face. 

All the Reins could think was 'Who is she?'. She looked like Diona but she wasn't acting like her. They were expecting a shy, naive, nervous little girl but they got a smart, confident, and wise girl. 

Don't get them wrong, they liked that she was smart but in their hearts, they were hoping for their princess though they knew it wouldn't be perfect.

"So Diona, tell us about yourself." Stella Creed said looking at the girl she babysat.

"She's probably some pretty little fucking princess who got everything she wanted. She's just a spoilt little bitch. I mean look at her." Cameron said spitting every word with hate.

His hate was for her but why would you hate someone you don't even know?

"Cameron Rein. This is your last warning." Esme said glaring at her son.