🌼Ⅲ🌼

|In Rivendell|

|Gandalf's POV|

" Where am I?" Frodo asked half asleep"You are in the house of Elrond. And it is 10 o'clock in the morning, on October the 24th if you want to know"I replied smiling"Gandalf!" he said now fully awake" What happened Gandalf? Why didn't you meet us?" he asked"Oh, I am sorry Frodo... I was delayed"I replied"Gandalf? What is it?"Frodo asked" Nothing Frodo" I replied before Sam had entered the room" Frodo! Frodo!"Sam yelled"Sam!"Frodo yelled, "Bless you, you're awake!"Sam said smiling"Sam has hardly left your side, "I said "We were that worried about you, weren't we, Mr Gandalf?"Sam asked" By the skills of Lord Elrond, you're beginning to mend"I replied when Lord Elrond entered the room"Welcome to Rivendell, Frodo Baggins," he said.

|Almara's POV|

I was reading a book when Aragorn sat next to me also reading a book" You are no Elf" I heard someone say I didn't look up from my book"The Men of the South are welcome here" I replied for Aragorn still not looking up"Who are you ?" the man asked"I am a friend to Gandalf the Grey"Aragorn replied"Then we are here on common purpose... friend" he said and I looked up to find boromir turning around and looking at a broken sword he picks up the haft and stares at the blade" The shards of Narsil! The blade that cut the Ring from Sauron's hand!" he said amused, he runs his finger up the blade and cuts himself"It's still sharp!" he said surprised then he turned around and looks at Aragorn"But no more than a broken heirloom!" he said and puts back the sword carelessly and it falls to the ground. He stops for a second, but then walks awayAragorn gets up and picks up the dropped shaft and carefully sets it in place with the other shards. He takes a step back, looking at shards, I got up and made my way behind him.

"Why do you fear the past? You are Isildur's heir, not Isildur himself. You are not bound to his fate" I said also looking at the shards"The same blood flows in my veins" he said and turned around to look at me "The same weakness" he said"Your time will come. You will face the same evil, and you will defeat it" I said smiling"A si i-Dhúath ú-orthor, Aragorn. Ú or le a ú or nin(The Shadow does not hold sway yet, Aragorn, not over you and not over me)"I said.

|Time skip|

"Renech i lu i erui govannen? (Do you remember when we first met?)" I asked Aragorn"Nauthannem i ned ol reniannen (I thought I had strayed into a dream)" he replied"Gwenwin in enninath...U-arnech in naeth i si celich. Renech i beth i pennen? (Long years have passed...You did not have the cares you carry now. Do you remember what I told you?)" I asked while I placed my hand on his cheek, "You said you'd bind yourself to me. Forsaking the immortal life of your people" he replied while his fingers run across the Evenstar pendant" And to that I hold. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone" I replied while I gave him the Evenstar pendant" I choose a mortal life" I said smiling"You cannot give me this..." he said handing me the pendant back" It is mine to give to whom I will... like my heart" I said closing his hand and then he puled me closer and placed his soft lips on mine

|The Council of Elrond|

" Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate–this one doom" he said and gestured to the pedestal" Bring forth the Ring, Frodo" he said, Frodo looked at me I could feel how anxious he was, I nodded in approvement and he rises slowly and places the Ring on the pedestal. He returns to his seat with a sigh. The council members start to whisper among themselves"So it is true..."Boromir said looking at the ring" In a dream, I saw the Eastern side grow dark but in the West, a pale light lingered. A voice was crying: 'Your doom is near at hand. Isildur's Bane is found" he said standing up slowly, with each word stepping closer to the Ring"Boromir!"Elrond yelled as Boromir tried to grab the ring"Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and, in the darkness, bind them)"me and dad said together in black-tongue as we shout, the sky grows dark and those present at the Council wince as if in pain. Boromir has sat down, the sky has lost the darkness, and Elrond has taken his head from out of his hands.

" Never before has any voice uttered the words of the tongue here in Imladris," Elrond said" I do not ask your pardon, Master Elrond, for the Black Speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West! The Ring is altogether evil" dad said and sat down I gave Boromir a look of disgust before sitting down" It is a gift! A gift to the foes of Mordor! Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe! Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy. Let us use it against him!"Boromir said"You cannot wield it! None of us can. The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master" Aragorn said," And what would a ranger know of this matter?"Boromir asked, at this point, my blood was boiling Suddenly, Legolas stands up with an angry look on his face"This is no mere ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance"Legolas said"Aragorn?" he asked with disbelieve in his eyes as he turns to Aragorn"This... is Isildur's heir?" he asked"And heir to the throne of Gondor"Legolas said"Havo dad Legolas (Sit down Legolas)"Aragorn said"Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king"Boromir said returning to his seat with a sigh.

I turned around to look at Frodo and he was looking wide-eyed at Aragorn"Aragorn is right. We cannot use it" I said suddenly"You have only one choice. The Ring must be destroyed"Elrond said looking at the ring"What are we waiting for?" a dwarf asked as he approaches the pedestal"ARGH!!" he yelled out before striking the Ring as hard as he can but is thrown back, falling to the ground, the Ring remains intact on the pedestal with the shards of the axe around it" The Ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Gloin by any craft that we here possess. The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came"Elrond said" One of you must do this" he said before there was dead silence" One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. And the great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland. Riddled with fire and ash and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly!"Boromir said"Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The Ring must be destroyed!"Legolas said standing up" And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?!" the dwarf said as he also stood up"And if we fail, what then?! What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?!" Boromir asked rising his voice" I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an elf!"the dwarf said yelling.